Nova-P "Epileptic Dance" (12xcSPLas, 4xcMG, TC1)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'Nova Omni Builds' started by JayJericho, Nov 6, 2014.

1. JayJericho

JayJericho New Member

I was astonished that this little beauty was not posted already, escpecially after the latest patch!

The Nova was always the "unwanted child" kind of mech for me. I came into MWO after the Clan Laser nerf, so no *12sml builds for me. With cerml, it always felt laking in comparision to the other clan mechs, and sniping isnĀ“t its strong suit either, as most hard points are mounted below the hip.... so I wanted a 12E build. And I got it.

This thing is a light mechs nightmare. It only takes 2-3 wubs and he is gone. You are cool enough to wub 4 times in a row in quick succesion, or 6 times if you take your time at aiming. MGS to finish it off, or just for the sound. You can switch the 1 DHS for 1 ton of ammo, but I never ran out of it in my matches. Its a backup weapon.

Of course, you cant alpha with this build. Nontheless, you can dish out 70 pinpoint damage in less than 2 seconds.

Have 5 seconds to spare with sights on target? Make it 140.... enough to finish every medium, or core a Whale from the back.

I run it with modules for extra fun. Range is short, but I like my one trick poneys :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Praise-
    Max JJ
    Max Weapons used

Sins-
    Low ammo
    cooling Eff is low
    leg armor is not maxed.
    lower arm and hand not installed.

3. JayJericho

JayJericho New Member

Hmm, slightly disagree with some points:

Sins-

Low ammo
    - as said, I dont burn through 2k ammo in my matches, as its just to crit open components, but you can always add another ton by droping the dhs
    cooling Eff is low - well, what do you expect with 12 E on a medium? :D
    leg armor is not maxed. - okay. But its still the second best armor all around on the nova. Not sure if those 6 armor per leg is worth droping 1k ammo or a dhs
    lower arm and hand not installed. awwwww, my bad, edited it :D

4. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Hm... reducing the range of this mech more than the cERSL build seems like a mistake personally. I just recently gave the 12 cERSL version a try again and got ~900 damage and many kills. The first and only game i've played in it for a couple months now. I would re-think the cERSL build again ;)

In terms of THIS build though. Like I said, the range hurts... Perhaps a mix of cERML and cSPL? Use 6x cERML at range and then switch to the 6x cSPL up close? might help for cooling efficiency.

5. Fleanutbutter

Fleanutbutter Benefactor

This build wrecks. I don't run the mg's because I'd rather have extra armor and dhs's. It is a legging machine. Last game I took out 7 legs with 3 kills and 3 assists and about 600 dmg. Each arm delivers 36 dmg with the shortest duration laser weapon. Legs are all I aim for. As soon as one is gone the other is only 1-2 easy shots from a kill.

Like all Novas, however, you can't go toe to toe with the big boys so wait until one separates from the pack or sneak up and get someone who isn't looking. Against lights it usually takes one good shot to take out a leg - at that point they are meat for your follow up.

You do have to watch the heat though, have an escape route, and don't get ganged up on.

Seriously, though. This is one of the funnest mechs I've played. It will take anyone 1 v 1 in a brawl because it only takes one shot to leg a light and the assaults have a hard time turning with it. The pulse duration is short so you can move quickly and still dish out the damage.

I'm done gushing. This build has finally made me enjoy my Nova-P. This is the clan version of the B33f's "Partyback" build with 30% (12 spls vs. 9 spls) more disco.

Gasboy likes this.
  6. Fleanutbutter

Fleanutbutter Benefactor

5/5,
    See my post

7. MntRunner

MntRunner Junior Member

5/5,
    At first I was skeptical of this build, but it's amazing how fast you can drop an enemy mech. It looked hot, and you had to get in close to do damage. However, when you are able to get in close you can do 72 pin point damage in a second. I end up shooting 6 spl's at a time to keep the ghost heat down. On lights and mediums I usually shoot for the legs. Usually have no problem taking out heavies and assaults. When I get behind them I just shoot their CT as many people seem to front load the armor. I ended up dropping the MG's for extra armor and heat efficiency.

8. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast