NTG-A "Grinder" (3xcLB5X, 4xcMPL, cLAP, cTC1)

Thread in 'Night Gyr Omni Builds' started by ShooterMcGavin80, Jul 26, 2018.

1. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

The Night Gyr can be a tricky mech to play, but I really enjoyed this build and had several quite good games with it. You have a nice left side/right side poking division between your weapons, and the LB5's, while not impressive, do add up over time and suppress the enemy quite well. Another similar build is running 2xLB10's, 4x or 5xMPL, or 3xLB2X/1xLPL/3xMPL.

Skill link: https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=jsonbin1.5b481520a5a2f34ea6b4af3c#s=Weapons

2. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

How is your ammo working out?

You mentioned similar builds, but I'm curious as to why none of them try SRMs. You appear to be a bit of a brawler... so couldn't you run 3xSRM6+a on your right side instead of the medium pulse lasers? Something like this:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  3. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

I only ran out of ammo twice while skilling it up. Before skill tree, 140 rounds = 46 shots = comfortably over 1 minute of continuous firing. With one or two ammo nodes you are sitting pretty.

I've tried a ballistic/SRM build (the 2xUAC10/4xSRM6A posted by Solahma), but generally I've found the Night Gyr makes a poor brawler. It is big and slow and has pretty easy to pick out hit boxes, and not enough armor. I think the Gyr works best as a second line support mech that can occasionally rotate forward to armor share, but shouldn't be in the thick of it. On paper that 2xLB10, 3xSRM6A build looks solid, but I don't think it has the oomph to withstand a face-to-face brawl vs Inner Sphere heavy gauss, mass MRM's, or IS SRM's. I think ATM's might be better though, so you can preferably fire without even exposing yourself. Maybe this:

Nice high ballistic hardpoints for minimal exposure when hill peaking/jumping, can launch ATM's from behind cover without exposing.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast