ON1-M Zombie Brawler (1x AC20, 3x SRM6, STD300)

Thread in 'ON1-M' started by Michael, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

During the course of my testing for the Benefactors Exclusive video, on the Orion, I came up with this build and thought I would try it out with some testing. With the recent decrease in CT hitbox size (-10%), and slight increase in RT/LT hitbox size (+5% per side), I figured why not try and make a zombie build.

This thing packs a wallop of close, has enough heat sinks to run the gear and has enough ammo to keep each system fed.

Your right arm is simply a soak / shield for damage since there is nothing in it.

Ammo placement has been spread around to allow zombie mode for the SRM6 located in the CT (being fed by the ammo in the head) and other ammo has been spread around to mitigate the spread to the CT if limbs are blown off. Ammo is used on a top down basis so putting it in the head will make that ton of ammo used first. Booooo but you can still zombie if you have ammo in the legs.

Overall testing has been interesting with this build considering the Orion is a mediocre mech at best (IMHO).

NOTE: Combine this mech with Artillery Strike and Airstrike modules and you have a serious in close damage dealer that can last a little big longer than your average Orion.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

looks beastly, an upgrade from the 'Big Mouth' SHD-2D2 ;)
    I assume it's a pretty slow mech so might not be too great in a 1v1 brawl, but devastating close range damage support for your assaults. Regarding the 'zombie' of this build, didn't SRM ammo in the head get used first? So assuming you only have CT left you can't use your SRM anymore (which seemed to be the purpose of this build). Might swap AC20 ammo and the SRM ammo in the head (unless you can show that it works differently :p)

3. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Darn that is a good point! I didn't even think of that.

Yes ammo gets used on a top-down basis so the head will be used first.

"Arrange ammo to suit your tastes" LOL

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast