ON1-VA "CanUCdamage?" (1x AC20, 4x SRM6, 2x MLas, STD270)

Thread in 'ON1-VA' started by The Verge, Sep 10, 2013.

1. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

BOOM! 78 Alpha? that's higher than my Atlas!!

If you don't like it hot, run it as such

Brought to you by Ian

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Rated it a 5/5 just because it can't really be tweaked much more than this. Definately min/maxed. Great as always bud but I went a slightly different direction with mine. LOVE the alpha of yours but I found the heat was just too overwhelming for my noob arse...plus I already had Artemus on this and I am too cheap to rebuy it later.

with 1 more ton of SRM ammo

gameplay

dKTtQXU3oug

3. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Love it, will test it. A bit worry about the heat though.

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Tried it out. I dig! I crammed an STD280 in. (because I had one) :) Ended up with 2x2 SRM4/6 and one ton less ammo for more heat sinks.
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=101&l=505190eee0b9db388454622b2985867db657aabe

Still not a mech that I like to run too far up the line - it seems a bit fragile still. However, as a mid-line supporter and jumping on mechs that stray from their friends, this thing DEVASTATES! Twice yesterday I took legs off mediums with the 20/MLas and just closed in for the easy kill. I love it, Vergere.

5. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Now, my standard for this Variant.

All SRM4 racks for an extra ton of AC/20 ammo, 14 DHS, STD280. I still drop with LRMs once in a while (same loadout, LRM5s instead of SRM4s) but the SRM4s fire tighter (than SRM6) and waste less ammo on the dirt! :D Not to mention dropping the heat a bit as well.

Thanks for the layout, boys!

6. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

So many mechs, so little time or c-bills (while that's technically the same thing when you confine time as to only applying to MechWarrior)

Gonna put this on my list and maybe after like half a year I can get around to building it :D

7. The Verge

You just gota play more!

8. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Modified this build once again. I love this build the only problem I have found is it requires team support. If you get that and you can get in close it is murder but unfortunately this mech cannot push on its own so you are forced to rely on Assaults and that just doesn't happen very often. I will be posting a "revisited" video soon as I can finish editing it.

9. Mr David

Mr David Junior Member

Hmm,cant figure out how to post an image. Just ran this build post patch. 947 damage, 3 kills, 5 assists, match score 135, survived. I went to theta on river city and camped with a jager. I ran out of ammo with a 280STD build so I dropped to a 260 w/ 4 tons each of SRM+A and AC20. Amazing mech if you can reach the enemy. Patch makes it a new ballgame for the Orion.

10. The Verge

There is a button just under the Bold button that says Image. that's what you need for the image. it has to be a URL. Good to hear that the patch is improving the Orion!

11. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

You'll also need to upload the image to a third party hosting site. http://imgur.com/ is fairly popular and easy to use.

12. Sir Tiddles

Sir Tiddles Active Member

I made a version of this that suits my playstyle a little better. I prefer faster mechs so I swapped the engine for an 340XL, and I feel naked without something to respond with long range so I swapped the AC20 for a gaus rifle and dropped a heatsink. I am debating on downsizing the gaus to an AC10 and putting artemis on those SRM6s.

13. The Verge

Every Gauss explosion deals 20 damage in your side torso. Just keep that in mind.

14. Sir Tiddles

Sir Tiddles Active Member

I find that the speed increase from the bigger engine lets me avoid more damage than the risk of a gaus explosion. I tend to circle around and play hide and seek until I get an opening for some major splat with the SRMs. The longer range and relatively low visibility of the gaus shots let me poke and hide better -- it suits my playstyle better.

15. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Giving this build a well deserved bump! Post-Quirks this has become a brawling BEAST. It's a mini Atlas DDC in every way, only faster and with better quirks!

It gets:
    MISSILE COOLDOWN: 25%
    MISSILE RANGE: 25%
    BALLISTIC COOLDOWN: 12.5%
    BALLISTIC VELOCITY: 12.5%
    LASER DURATION: -12.5%

Those quirks combined with an AC20 Range and Cooldown lvl5 modules puts the approx nominal range at 300m and brings the weapon cooldown within 0.02 of eachother (basically identical) Which is absolutely perfect! You know that every time you want to fire something, both weapons will be cooled down at the same time so there is not loss on DPS while twisting and spreading damage.

Here is my Min/Max version built to be a Sustained DPS brawling master. I opted for no backup energy weapons in favor of a larger engine and enough ammo to get just over 20 alphas with the AC20 (21 shots) and SRMs (27 shots). Running 65KPH with ~20 Burst DPS and ~9 Sustained DPS is very brutal on paper. Will post back after some playtime.

[​IMG]

enileph likes this.
  16. enileph

enileph Star Lord

My version, downgrade to AC10 and get XL, a bit ammo focused but good firepower.

17. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Not bad! About the same stats, if you take the SRM cooldown module, you still have very similar cooldown times. Alpha and sustained DPS is very similar. Those SRM6s become a serious heat generator though, especially with heat scaling if you alpha.

[​IMG]

Infact, if you drop an SRM6, upgrade the engine, and add a few more heatsinks you can get above 9dps sustained. Biggest question is if the speed is good enough to keep you alive...

[​IMG]

You can also take a STD280 version

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast