1. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

Patch Patch Notes 1.4.142 - Thanatos Patch

Discussion in 'Feedback on Sales, Patches, Promotions, Events' started by Excalibaard, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard ComStar - First Circuit Staff Member

2. Shock

Shock Benefactor

I'm looking forward to Missile Urbie. Don't care so much about Griffin and Kit Fox.

I'm really hoping the new map is good. It's desperately needed.

3. Excalibaard

Yes! I'm also very excited for the new map, though I am really hoping for more arena-style maps and matches/modes to be released. 'Realistic' maps often only provide one or 2 optimal routes per side, resulting in nascar or hidey/pokey strats. The 'big military commander man' voices are pretty shitty anyway.

I'd love for a map with like 4 levels of verticality to make JJs more important, or a map which is essentially open except for small pillars to hide behind, to make indirect and direct fire somewhat equally effective.

Missile urbie will be SWEET. Griffin is a bit meh with the ballistic arm. Kitfox with missile shoulder hardpoints will be fun I think. Linebacker has disappointingly low hardpoints on the jumpjet side torsos, compared to the Linebacker B variant for example. But I guess it's understandable due to the jets.

4. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Advanced Member

LRM40 urbie is coming

5. Excalibaard

40 LRMs are probably a bit too heavy, but murms, surms and maybe a single LRM20+A for the weirdo will be popular :)

6. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Advanced Member

I'm already planning to try out a troll build with XL180, LRMs, tag and a lot of bad attitude by exploiting the 360° torso yaw :D

7. Excalibaard

Loving the new map btw!

Lots of openness and verticality, making jumpjets and arm weapons very valuable, and making it less hidey/safe than Canyon Network or HPG! It also helps that each game feels different because no one knows what to do ;p

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  8. Shock

Shock Benefactor

That's the best part about a new map, when everyone is still learning it and the "right" way to play it doesn't happen every time.