PGI Announce the "Firebrand" Hero Mech (Jagermech Chassis)

Thread in 'Official 'Mech News' started by Michael, May 29, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

[​IMG]

PGI now has this picture floating on their main page! Based on the picture I would guess that there will be 2 Ballistic Hardpoints and 4 Energy Hardpoints; broken down like this...

2 Energy: (1 RA / 1 LA)
    2 Energy: (1 RT / 1 LT)
    2 Ballistic: (1 RA / 1 LA)

No idea on what the max engine size and all that fun stuff will be but there ya have it folks!

2. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

AKA: The Rifleman.

3. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

I like! I won't buy, but I like!

4. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

Looks like the Rifleman, smells like a rifleman.. Dual AC5s, dual large lasers and dual medium lasers?

5. Jacob Ling

Jacob Ling Benefactor

It even looks close to a Rifleman! Looks like the Rifleman Unseen Lovers get their wishes!

6. Nijle

Nijle New Member

I use AC/40 Jagers to grind C-Bills, average 250-275k Cbills per match on a win. When our lance rolls with Atlas D-DC + three AC/40 Jagers, its usually a win.

Assuming you can cram 2 AC/20s on this variant, hello 325k+ Cbills per match

:cool:

7. netherkat

netherkat Star Lord

Give me a top-hat on that chassis and I haz my mini-Rifleman!

Wondering what electronics package options it would have... ECM? That would be... interesting. OP, but interesting. The electronics make a Rifleman a Rifleman, I say!

--Netherkat.

8. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Do we have a timeline for which Hero mech is next? I thought they were doing a Jenner.

9. NamesAreStupid

NamesAreStupid Active Member

Really?

10. [V]

[V] New Member

With Premium this is totally feasible.

You poor Bro?

11. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

Prepare for PPC Jager ahoy.

12. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Honestly the PPC Jager won't be much different than a K2.

Names, care to elaborate on what surprises you?

13. UntamedZer0

UntamedZer0 Well-Known Member

Sadly I believe this is representative of PGI going for nothing more than money. Out of the last 6 mechs released all but 2 of them are something PPCheese boat or pop tards. All the hero mechs are beginning to cater to this.

We all talk about wanting balance in the game but PGI is making it pretty clear balance is the last thing on their agenda when every one decides it's time to cheese it up with AC20, ECM and PPC everything. Stomp around one shotting everything then try to justify that as skill. Thats not skill, thats the epitome of cheese builds. The day of creative fighting in MWO is long over. If you don't like PPC AC20 ECM cheese go find another game and thats what a lot of people, including myself, are starting to do.

Hope they can milk all the money they want out of PPC, AC20 and Gauss platforms because soon thats all this game will be. If you doubt it just look at what assault has become. Am glad all the idiots whining for death match finally realized thats where they needed to be. Nothing but assaults firing PPC, Gauss and AC20s at one another talking about how they are the best sword fighter out of all the other men while a few other learn that thats not the game mode to be in.

In short, disappointed in this really.

14. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Untamed, I don't think it's a flaw in the Mech design. I think the state of the game right now reads Energy = PPC or LL, Ballistic = Gauss or AC/20, Missile = crap until they fix hit registry (seriously, these are the worst).

The only way they could avoid this is either by making all their new mechs 30 tons and under, or by making everything missile boats.

I think the biggest balance problem is they follow table-top balance (which has RNG in where you hit) and put it into a FPS (which has skill in where you hit). That pales next to hit registry issues, but it is the reason why high alpha is better than high DPS.

15. Cattra Kell

Cattra Kell Well-Known Member

loadout - not bad could maybe be better but its close to the 6S I run anyways...
    Paint scheme - 15/10 will buy

Yeah definitely picking this one up

16. YaoYaoYiffy

YaoYaoYiffy Active Member

Best looking Jagermech I've seen; and yet, it's still a Jager...I can't bring myself to like the looks of the thing. Everytime I see a teammate rack up 800 damage and 5 kills in one I get that desire to pick one up...but then...they're so ugly.

This one at least looks decent enough that I'd be caught dead piloting it, maybe if it goes on sale sometime ;D

17. ScatterBrain888

ScatterBrain888 Active Member

To be honest, I've moved on to Guild Wars 2, for the reasons Untamed mentions above. So, so much fun than the Solaris arena style matches the game seems to be about.

I guess I'll revisit the game once Community Warfare gets implemented.

18. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Actually CW has me worried. From the little I've seen of their description, it sounds like another system that rewards the winners with more tools (they've stated the more you control, you have access to more technologies). This is great from the winner's perspective, but if you're on the losing side it's like "hey, you just lost, but don't worry - you ALSO lose this technology! Better luck next time...you'll need it, because they outgear you now. Mwahahahahahaha!" While it might be more realistic that to the victor go the spoils, I've never been a fan of PvP games where the winner gets stronger faster than the loser.

One can argue the same applies to leveling and grinding, but that just happens faster when you win. After a point, both the winners and losers are of equal power, the losers just have less options available.

19. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

If it ends up like this it will kill it for me. I'm obsessed with battletech and MW games but I'm a busy guy so I'll always be a competitively-casual player. Only rewarding the fanatic 80 hours a week of gameplay guys will just take a dump on casual players who want to enjoy the game with everyone else, without worrying about losing bonus advantages winners might get.

20. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Well, it's per-faction, not per-player. But it sounds to me like a system that will reward the winning factions with more tech, meaning more people will want to play those factions and lead to a horrible imbalance. Maybe I've got it wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me. If you only play a bit, but your faction is ahead, you will reap the benefits of your faction members.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast