PHX-2 "The Scythe" (6xMPL, 4xJJ, ECM, XL270)

Thread in 'PXH-2' started by Drsaphron, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Drsaphron

Drsaphron New Member

My favorite build for this chassi!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
  2. Aramuside

Aramuside Star Lord

I run a similar build in terms of base loadout but with a few major differences in playstyle and it can be potentially great even levelling in tier 2:

Essentially a knife fighter rather than a gymnast. Better armour and heat capability, significantly worse jump jets and fractionally worse speed. This build as with many short range ones feels very map reliant but is fun as it forces you to work for kills as you can't go head on - use your ridiculous accel/decal and arm mounted weaponry to not be there when they reply!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

It was only after I realised I missed the 1k by ONE point. :(

3. Ragnahawk

Ragnahawk Well-Known Member

5 vs 4 heatsinks... Your ninja is not fast enough.

4. Aramuside

Aramuside Star Lord

Post engine decoupling thats a lot of extra weight for not much gain. Depending on which build you mean you've lost a lot of DHS/JJ/armour on a brawler. That's not a good trade imo as with just 36% base cooling efficiency and no head armour at all you're going to struggle to brawl at all which is what you'll need to do with MPL.

5. Ragnahawk

Engine decoupling doesn't matter. This mech has really high base accel/decel. The important thing here is - being able to outrun bigger threats. If you look at the stormcrow for example, your small engine runs at the same speed. With the 300XL, you can out kite those super dangerous small pulse lasers.

For reference

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  6. Aramuside

Aramuside Star Lord

Do you actually play this mech as that stormcrow you just posted is bizarre?

7. Ragnahawk

Yes I've actually played the thing were talking about. Take a look. https://www.mechspecs.com/threads/the-phoenix-hawk-dies-at-the-end.12210/
    Yes I've played that stormcrow too, which runs at the exact same speed as a phoenix hawk with a XL270. Take a look.
    You try fighting a stormcrow pilot 1v1 with the build above and then you can tell me that the XL300 isn't necessary.

8. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

6xMPL, 3xJJ, 14 DHS total, XL295

6xMPL, 2xJJ, 14 DHS, TC1, XL295

6xMPL, 1xJJ, 15 DHS total, XL300

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  9. TheUltimateGhost

TheUltimateGhost New Member

I'd just run LFE255 lul

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast