PNT-8Z "All the lasers" (3x LLas, 2x JJ XL225)
4.5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'PNT-8Z' started by surus, Feb 17, 2015.

1. surus

surus New Member

The first test runs seemed promising. With no GH on three LL I have one button bound to alpha and the second one has them all on chainfire.

22y and B0ilz like this.
  2. B0ilz

B0ilz Well-Known Member

God, this is worse than the Raven Laser Chicken. I LOVE IT. :rolleyes:

3. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Ha, the same build works on the 9R too, even with different (less specialized) quirks for this build. Fun build ;)

4. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

This build desperately needs double basics. You can get about 3 alphas off before you overheat, but it works much better if you can sit back and snipe. Go make friends with a Kit Fox or 3L as they snipe ;)

5. 22y

22y New Member

OP's build with an XL235, but only 1JJ.

6. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

After having LOTS of heat issues, I finally just re-did the build and went 3L style:

The fast cooldown and burn time actually makes this work just as well as the Superchicken sniper build, though the location of the hardpoints is less ideal. Still, it works. Using a LLas range and cooldown module, you can get out a lot of fire, and overall I've been doing better DPS/damage in matches since I take a long time to get hot. Recommend dropping the third laser and using speed, since you need as much heat management as you can get. Might try 3 laser again with double basics, but sticking with this until then.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  7. surus

surus New Member

I still keep on playing with the three large lasers, but the heat is problem. I'm actually very surprised how durable the right arm is. It is large with the three LLasers but compared to the mechs size it's not suffering from the Mist Lynx steroid arms problem.

8. enileph

enileph Star Lord

I still prefer the 3x LL version... cool shots...
    25% range is nice, though the 25% cooldown is moot due to heat.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  9. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Excellent loadout for this chassi to play as support for the main push, find a angle and carve the opposition.

10. MightyBolamite

MightyBolamite Junior Member

I managed to get on and play my Panthers for the first time today.
    Got to this mech, tried this loadout.
    I had 1 match. In the short time I lived, I killed a King Crab by my lonesome, pinned two clanners and wasted so many of their LRMs. Then I got shot by a Hunchie with a 20... twice. Surprisingly useful mech.
    You just need to know how to play to your strengths.

11. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I'd agree...the Panther isn't weak, but it does have limitations. I mentioned in another thread that it will never be a comp mech (no reason to take it versus a Raven or Firestarter in something like MRBC, at least the way things are now), but it is far from useless/DOA.

12. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

4/5,
    This really can hit and vanish, with 3x LLAS it's going to hurt. With range modules you can reach nigh on 1200m.

13. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

This baby on the mountain in crimson bay,...

14. Thiak

Thiak Well-Known Member

my take, faster engine, 1JJ

15. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

5/5,
    Great with the laser duration reduction and other energy quirks, using the 3 energy hardpoints optimally.

16. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

What if you ran 2 pulse lasers instead of 3 large lasers?

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast