Pretty Baby "Monkey's Pretty Baby" (1x LRM20+A, 2x ERPPC, 1x SRM4+A, TAG, XL340)

Thread in 'Pretty Baby' started by MonkeyDCecil, Apr 22, 2013.

1. MonkeyDCecil

MonkeyDCecil New Member

Here is how I run Pretty Baby. I stay back any nail them with ERPPCs and LRMs. if the get close I use the SRMs and ERPPCs. I use tag to counter ECM.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Vorus

Vorus Active Member

I've never been a fan of back-line assaults. I've lost too many matches because the Assaults were afraid to move to the front lines, and thought they could hang back and lob LRMs. I think Assaults were build to carry a bunch of armor so that they could be the ones taking the damage so that the real support 'Mechs could do their thing. In my opinion, Assaults only have LRMs because their 'Mechs are so slow. They fire LRMs as they move to the front lines. (To be fair, I've seem some really good back-line Assault pilots, but I think they are vastly outnumbered by the cowards who get their teams killed.)

You at least have the ERPPCs, which are vastly better than LRMs, in my opinion. And you also have the lowest armor Assault in the game, so you aren't wasting an Atlas' worth of armor. And you're fast, so that's a plus.

I'm a little biased against your thesis of a "stay back" Assault, but this is better than most.

3. The7Sins

The7Sins Well-Known Member

Exchange the LRM20 for a LRM15 because there are only 15 missle tubes on the torso. With the extra tonnage you could add more DHS or a SRM4.

4. Dwergi

Dwergi Well-Known Member

I did this, because of the 15 missile tubes in the torso:

Extra SRM4, won't make much difference really, because it's not a great mech to begin with.

5. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I like the suggestions, so I can easily rate it 4-5 stars.

6. Tlords

Tlords New Member

I like this - I piloted a build close to this. Dropped a heatsink, added a ton of LRM ammo and now we are almost the same. I run the 350XL engine. I love the extra speed.

7. Tlords

Tlords New Member

I love piloting this mech and arrived at this same build myself. I'm waiting for tonnage limits to start. Once they do - then this mech will become competitive again. At least that's my hope :)

8. antique

antique New Member

i've been using a slightly modified build like this (2 erppc, lrm 15+a, 2 srm4+a) and it is the best thing ever on this mech and I ran almost anything on it (from xl400 zap zap striker to a std brawler). 5/5 i guess since this is the only build for this mech that is remotely good :D

9. Tasen

Tasen Active Member

I'm using this build but eliminated the TAG and the torso ammo and am running max armor with an XL360 engine. Can't wait to Master this chassis.

Here is what I did...

This turns it into a more mobile flanking striker.

Or this. Even more mobile but it sacks a ton of srm ammo and the artemis.

10. Tasen

Tasen Active Member

After running for a while and tweaking to perfection (for me anyway) I came up with what is the perfect build for me on this chassis.

The pulse in the arm is essential for close in work.

11. DerRattenmann

DerRattenmann Active Member

This is what I ended up using. The streaks are light and small enough to allow for more heatsinks, but still deliver a punch and the XL360 provides decent speed. TAG helps to solve ECM problems at close range (grouped with the streaks) while the ER-PPCs in chain-fire-mode do that at long range.

12. enileph

enileph Star Lord

PPC is way better than ERPPC in terms of heat. Also, +A is not worth it with only a single LRM. In this case I suggest using a single LRM15 instead, since that is not the main weaponary. 2x SRM4 is more accurate than SRM6+A and packs more punch with the sam weight and less slots.
    So here is the product. I upgrade the engine to XL350, I can go higher but figure this is a common engine many people have.