Protector Beat Sniper (1x Gauss, 3x LLas, AMS, XL320)

Thread in 'Protector' started by Beatnik, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Beatnik

Beatnik New Member

Add advance zoom and win.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Drop 1-2 tons of Gauss.Ammo and up the Engine + more Cooling and this build is a beast

3. Beatnik

Beatnik New Member

Honestly running the 320 because it is what i have available - but yes just logged in and i am running 15hs - updating config. on post now

I average 400 damage/match and i think i am about average pilot.

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I believe you can deal a lot more damage with this build. Definitely! Add two more DHS and you can almost non-stop fire. ;)

5. Beatnik

Beatnik New Member

I appreciate your advice - been back since closed beta for about 12days and been using your builds on about 80% of my mechs as I've aquired them.

Step 1 : buy mech
    Step 2 : find a Blagg post for a build
    :D

This was the first time I came up with a better one of my own (imho) - can't wait to see what builds are realized after the mech is out for awhile.
    (Post updated to 15hs)

6. onis4242

onis4242 New Member

This actually looks really really solid. I have been liking the ERLLas since the nerfs to PPC as they offer a pretty efficient long range solution, but in practice I have noticed that I generally am still fighting in the 300-600 range most of the time, and regular LLas are just fine in that range still.

I like this enough that I'm gonna give it a try, only have an XL300 currently, still saving some pennies for an XL325 that I'd like to try in this and other mechs, so I have 15 DHS, AMS, full armor, and 40 gauss rounds. Should be interesting, thanks!

7. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

what about this tweak:

You get more Armor and a XL325 where you can stick more heatsinks into the Engine.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  8. Napes339

Napes339 Active Member

This is a great build (I'm using Blagg's tweak) that can really rack in the damage. It's no where near fully levelled yet but its already a beast. Ghost heat really isn't too bad for the occasional 3x LLas alpha and the Gauss complements them well by being a practically 0 heat weapon.

Good job man!

9. PooHH

PooHH Active Member

fantastic build.

10. PooHH

PooHH Active Member

11. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

I made something similar to this thread. Built for the quirks.

12. Lorgot

Lorgot Advanced Member

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast