QKD-4G "Iron Breasts" (2xERPPC, 1xSRM4, 1xSRM6, XL330)

Thread in 'QKD-4G' started by N3CROBUTCH3R, Jul 7, 2013.

1. N3CROBUTCH3R

N3CROBUTCH3R New Member

Greetings,

After grinding the 5K with lasers, I wanted to try missiles for a change. Came up with this build, and I've had a lot of recent success with, surprisingly.

The arms are meat-shields and almost every time I end the match zombie-ing around (yeah it's an XL I know) with all weapons still intact.

Using XL330 as that's what I have available, next down the line would be a XL280 for me. Possible improvements would be to add Atremis, but I found can't fit the 16 DHS then which is a big advantage with the build as is. Other variations possible with a STD engine instead, but I haven't tried.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Welcome to the forums.

Those are some impressive numbers you put down with the Quickdraw. I'm still unconvinced about this mechs viability (the chassis not the loadout you've put together) but I will add this to my "Test This" list and see how it pans out!

3. N3CROBUTCH3R

N3CROBUTCH3R New Member

Thanks for the welcome! This one feels better than the QKD-5K "2xPPC 4xMLAS" build I tried, as I'm not hitting dirt from arm shots. I usually start out sniping and stepping in and out behind corners with the ERPPCs, then use the speed to move in or chase the enemy. So far, at least, I like the chassis very much.

4. Joe Bopper

Joe Bopper Well-Known Member

Now I get why it's called "Iron Breasts"! Cheers!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast