1. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

Casual RVN-2X "First" (2xERPPC, 2xSL, XL255)

Discussion in 'RVN-2X' started by AlaskanShrakeMWO, Dec 6, 2017.

1. AlaskanShrakeMWO

AlaskanShrakeMWO New Member

[​IMG]

First, the efficiency looks awful in smurfy, but in reality, you're going 126 KPH, quirks + skill tree helps alleviate the lack of external heatsinks, and you're pretty far down the 'threat list' during most matches.

Building a 2X to mesh with its quirks is surprisingly effective if you go with heat generation, cooldown, velocity in the firepower tree, cooling efficiency with the operations tree, going fast with the agility tree, and half of the survival tree focusing on armor.

You have potent poking power with a very small profile at distance and if somebody inevitably develops a vendetta against your annoying (and deadly) Raven 2X, you can brawl in a pinch with the two small lasers acting as backup after you point-blank shoot your ERPPCs. Late game you're going to be scary with everyone opened up and clinging to survival.

This is one of my favorite 'mechs upon just returning to the game after quitting 2 years ago!

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard ComStar - First Circuit Staff Member

Welcome back to the game and welcome to MechSpecs, in that case :)

I think ERPPCs are still too hot for me personally. The Heat is reduced by 10%, but the cooldown is reduced by 15% so in the end they have higher HPS because of the quirks if you try to use them optimally. 2LL 2ML/ERSL would be the way to go for me! For ERPPCs, I'll use the CDA-3C or PNT-10K

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    AlaskanShrakeMWO and The Verge like this.
  3. AlaskanShrakeMWO

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome back! It does run hot when you're being hunted down, but it allows you to poke and reposition which you ought to do in a light, 'cuz multi peeks = certain doom.

With what you mentioned, I did toy around with the build a bit and replaced one ERPPC with an ERLL and added in two DHS. I'll give it a drive now!

4. AlaskanShrakeMWO

Result: pretty weird, doesn't sync well at all. No hit and away because of beam burn time.

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard ComStar - First Circuit Staff Member

yep, i'd suggest trying with regular PPCs or SNPPCs (If you dislike minimum range and aren't too afraid of getting close) instead, or running 2 (ER or regular) LL, but beam time increases the face time slightly. Or, change the ERSL into a DHS.

AlaskanShrakeMWO likes this.
  6. AlaskanShrakeMWO

Tried one heavy PPC and 3 MLs, it's a pretty good mixture IMO. Hard hitting single hits and you're fast so you can keep getting them, with 3 ML for upclose defense. 12 DHS so it runs cool.

Excalibaard likes this.