RVN-3L "Laze of Glory" (3x LLas, ECM, XL210)
3/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'RVN-3L' started by 18Rabbit, Nov 3, 2014.

1. 18Rabbit

18Rabbit New Member

This is a fun build that doesn't seem like it would work at first glance. It seems very hot and slow and at times it is but I've had a blast with it. Playstyle I've found most useful is to stick with the heavies and assaults and give them ECM cover while sniping/picking off others as they concentrate on the larger targets. Lead off with a couple of alpha strikes and then duck back to cover. Repeat. Use chain fire when someone is almost dead and/or heat is high.

Weapon groups:
    1 - Alpha Strike
    2 - Chain Fire

Suggested Modules:
    Enhanced Zoom
    Radar Deprivation
    IS L. Laser Range Lv 5 (Takes the base range to 500m)

I stole this idea from someone else who I dropped with who had an 850pt game in this build (and later on reported he broke 1k).

Personally, these are the best games I've had with it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's easy to swap in a NARC and 2 tons of ammo for the laser in the right torso and keep the same loadout but it's not quite as fun or as survivable because you have to get a little closer and you're not as fast as a traditional NARCer.

2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

3/5,
    I don't know whether it is the pilot (no offense Rabbit) or the mech itself but I am underwhelmed for not seeing 1000+ out of a Raven 3L. I run the Super Chicken build and 1000+ is easily attainable in that. I will test this and adjust my rating if required as I'm a Raven jock after all :)

3. epikt

epikt Benefactor

If you don't mind the larger hitbox, I think the build is better on a Cicada, with better speed and cooling:
    (not to mention incoming LLas quirks)

That being said, 3 LLas is unusual on a light but it works alright (I personnally tested on the Firestarter, for the lulz at first, and I was pleasantly surprised).

4. 18Rabbit

18Rabbit New Member

Yeah, the build is better than I am though that 600pt game I had high damage for our side.

5. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Bumping this thread because of the change to LL and ERLL ghost heat now triggering at 4+
    So you can now alpha this build without additional heat penalties!

Considering this:

6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

loooool, first match. Was on Crimson Straight

[​IMG]

7. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Surprised this build keeps ECM installed! Not dieing to make the trade from 2 LLas to 3, though. Trading away mobility is a dangerous game.

8. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

yes, but it snipes SO WELL. Just gotta be extra careful about positioning, similar to the old 3x Gauss Boomphract.

9. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

TBH, running this build (minus ECM) on the RVN-2X aint so bad. Shame the 3rd LLas goes into LT, but the quirky shield arm is noice. 540 range on the LLas really leaves little to be desired.

Solahma likes this.
  10. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Yeah, might have to try it. ECM is what makes this mech though imo.

11. wargnome

wargnome New Member

i am running a very similar build. primary role as ecm supporter for heavies/assaults, but remaining sniper capabilities with one ERLL. the bigger engine makes up for a little less armor and slightly worse heat efficiency imho.

weapon groups_ 1: ERLL, 2: 2xLL

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  12. Alik Kerensky

Alik Kerensky Active Member

Mines a bit slower, but cooler. With Light-Ferro.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast