RVN-3L The Snitch (1x ERLLas, 1x NARC, ECM, XL295)

Thread in 'RVN-3L' started by Cpt Chattahah, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

New meta. Just sit back, spot, throw a laser on each of your enemy's backsides. Equip Air, Arty, UAV and Target Decay. NARC gives the enemy no warning or damage heads up, so, collect all the spotting and kill assist bonuses your heart desires.

I've been laughing my ass off with this tonight. Just time your Air and Arty strikes right and use your laser right as LRMs strike. The enemy will rarely notice the back-strike from your ERLL as the LRMs hit so you can stay hidden all day and play the ultimate support.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I already posted it in the-thread-where-you-posted-this-build-too-but-I-don't-recall-which-one, but I'd mount a TAG:

3. Roosterfish

Roosterfish Well-Known Member

Cpt I love the name of this mech. The Snitch, sounds like something I'd like to take a ball peen hammer to its toes.

4. Cpt Chattahah

I just prefer NARC now because it calls out the beacon over the enemy head, which, is much easier for friendlies to see. But, that's just me. For a bit, I was running 2x MLas, Tag, NARC w/ 3t ammo, AMS and XL295. Just the ultimate support light.

And honestly, this was just being used to grind out the 3L. I've had it for a while, but, never went through the XP. With all the LRMs, I was just incredibly amused sitting behind the enemy lines and watching them run around confused at they melted from LRM fire. Then I'd time my shots and Air/Arty strikes to when they were all bunched up and focusing on incoming rain so they'd rarely notice my Blue Beam or Red Smoke. :D

Chatt.

5. MacheteJezter

MacheteJezter New Member

This is a fun build. Kind of sucks LRMs have taken over, but being able to snipe and NARC and offer ECM all at the same time really made my role (and c-bill earnings) pretty effective. Stayed alive to. Nice job.

6. nimdabew

nimdabew Junior Member

I run something very similar in the spotter category for my games. It is very effective and I get more C-Bills via my spotter than I do than from my YLW even with the 30% bonus.

It runs super cool and the MPulse and ERLLas give it short and long range punch. The TAG, BAP, ECM and sensor module give it 1200M detection range and stealth for hitting the enemy from behind, the side, or even right in the middle of a murder blob. Protect your right arm at all costs. Left arm has 1 armor to fit everything.

Prime:

Variant A: Replaces the ERLLas and MPLas for a LPLas and MLas though I don't think it gives the same effective range for either. I like the prime configuration for my scout recon mech more.

7. Cpt Chattahah

Someone actually just posted about this build on Reddit. I was on my phone so I didn't bother to grab a link. But, he was talking about how much fun he had running around using Air/Arty as his only offensive capability and then NARC/Tagging everyone. Thought it was pretty amusing. Almost as amusing as the LRM20 in the SNARC port. :D

8. killkrazed

killkrazed New Member

I Love this build when it works, there's no more satisfying feeling than to Narc an enemy and have him ripped apart by teammates LRM's. :cool:

Unfortunately in PUGS it seems the matchmaker has it out for me.
    I regularly get matches with no LRM's on my team vs enemy missile boat team.
    Even when you notify your teammates they often seem to just ignore your narc as well.

Add to that recent problems with hit detection and I often find myself swearing at the screen.

9. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

based on epikt's Version.. ;)

10. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Been running that combo for the competition, and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite mechs. The combo of the two lasers is great for harassing/skirmishing with heavier mechs, but the NARC is just beautiful for guiding the team during a fight. Just marking a flanker (or three) is enough to completely change the focus of the team, but taking out an ECM is oh-so-sweet...and unlike my Kit Fox NARCer, this baby can move.

Have basics only, and haven't bought 2 more ravens yet, but once I have it mastered, it will just fly!

11. Cpt Chattahah

Just broke this out again this weekend... Oh my god. Still funny as ever. I have a screenshot on my home PC, but, alas, I'm at work... Had a round with about 200 damage and still pulled off 1 kill, 9 assists. Had two NARC targets murdered by LRMs. Too damn funny.

Not the greatest solo mech. Never going to get the high match score. However, you'll sure as hell be the field commander and you'll laugh your day away! :D

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast