SDR-5V Big Pulse (1x LPLas, 7x JJ, XL255)

Thread in 'SDR-5V' started by Torabayashi, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Torabayashi

Torabayashi Junior Member

I've been grinding through the 5V and found that the ER Large has too long a recycle time, MLas too long a burn time, and MPLas too short a range. I have to sacrifice some of my jumping ability (which was way more than needed anyway) to fit the LPLas, but I think it's worth it. Same DPS as 2 MLas with slightly better range and heat and much shorter burn time while still maintaining jumping ability on par with the other variants. (5K has 6 and 5D has 8)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Mythweaver

Mythweaver Advanced Member

UntamedZer0 runs his 5K with LpLaser as well as Machiine Guns, I'm not sure of his layout but he was having an exceptional day with it today. I'll get him to post it.

Myth.

Post Script: I made a mistake about the variant before, I've fixed it. This looks like a good build considering the variants short comings.

3. Torabayashi

Torabayashi Junior Member

There's no ballistics hardpoints on a 5V, are you sure that's not a 5K?

4. GreatGold

GreatGold New Member

Pretty much the same build I used when mastering the Spiders. Also was a lot of fun, I am nostalgically thinking of using it today... Also for those grinding, you can skip the DHS and just use originals to save some CBills. Although I recommend getting them anyway for future-proofing fits, since you will not have crit space issues, ever, with this hull.

5. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I'm finding the LPLas just doesn't have the kick that 2x MPlas do.

6. Mythweaver

Mythweaver Advanced Member

It's a trade off. I agree that 2x MPlasers have a better punch and cyclic rate of fire but the range increase of the LPlaser keeps you a little bit safer. Just a matter of taste I guess.

Myth.

7. GreatGold

GreatGold New Member

Agree that its mostly personal taste. They both do the job well enough, and neither really requires the 1.5mil CB investment for DHS, which is nice since this is mostly a grinding chassis.

8. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

2x MPL might not have the same range, but they have more punch at less weight. Plus, with the position they're in on the 5V, it looks like the first-person shots from TIE fighters in Star Wars. I ran an ER Large on my 5K, and I can see the appeal of the LPL. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot of variation on the Spider K and V variants (not much on the D, either), and while the K has some fun builds, almost all of the non-ECM spider builds are "what energy weapon works best in CT?"

At least the spiders aren't limited in engine speed like non-3L ravens...

9. enileph

enileph Star Lord

You can build the same thing with THE OTHER spiders though, sort of.

10. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

Trade a JJ for .5 tons of armor and, yes, this build will work for any spider.

11. PilotSerenity

PilotSerenity Well-Known Member

Yes, right now I prefer 5D more than this and im using Mythweaver's Build and 2 MPLas is better than LPLas

12. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I think this is a good build. good for fighting slower mechs, not exactly light mechs. but, 4-5 rating.

13. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Faster! because since last yr the engine size got increased... Doesn't look too bad :rolleyes:

Virlutris likes this.
  14. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

max engine ! :phear: :phear:

15. Virlutris

Virlutris Junior Member

This is how I've been grinding mine. I started with 2 extra SHS and the XL 280 from my stock Ilya, ground up the DHS tax, and kept running. The LPLas gives that extra bit of range to be that much more of a nuisance, that much more effectively. And here I though t it was an original idea.

You know you're doing something right when the other team is crowing about bringing you down at the end of the match. ;)

Blagg Zear likes this.
  16. Ragnar RedHawk

Ragnar RedHawk Well-Known Member

17. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

With the nerfing of the LCT-1V, This is now my favourite IS light. Quirked LPL FTW! :ninja:

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast