SDR-5V Zombie (2x MLas, 250 STD, 7x JJ, STD250)

Thread in 'SDR-5V' started by Moonsword, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Moonsword

Moonsword Star Lord

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=51&l=dd2abb145e5d4a7a60ba62d3b1de57428aa0b400

Very basic build, with a lot more survivability than your other Spider, you can quite comfortably survive having your side torsos blow off, and with half the jumpjets in your legs, you can still jump.

Alternatively, you can get rid of the jumpjets in the torso and swap the MLas for MPLas.

2. Durant Carlyle

Durant Carlyle Star Lord

I don't remember a time when my Spiders didn't die by either a front CT coring or a legging. That might be due to my particular play style though. For me, mediums are the smallest 'Mechs that can use a standard engine and have it actually make a difference in the survivability -- for lights, it's always XL.

3. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Iirc I die from time to time of the side torsos, almost as much as central torso actually. But most of the time I die of being legged, be it of both or only one (even if the final blow comes at the torso it's the leg that killed me).
    That's the major problem I see on your build, you have only 20 armor points on the legs, and I'm pretty sure it gives you less survivability than an XL engine with full armor; ironic, isn't it? I suggest you strip 16 armor point from your head, arms ans side torsos to max the legs. If needed, get rid of a JJ, but you need full armor on the legs.

That being said, the good point of this build is it's cheap, then a good build to unlock the basics skills if you don't want to keep the mech.

4. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

It all happens quite a bit. This is kind of a troll build, but it doesn't sacrifice much in order to get it. My question though (since I can't see Smurfy at work) is where is the armor stripped from? Because if you remove the armor from your shields, you might as well go XL and put the armor back on.

I'm thinking you can sacrifice 2 JJ, still have 5, and get your armor up to 197.

5. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I fought one of these yesterday but he had MPLAS on it. Damn thing was extremely difficult to kill in my D(F)

6. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

That would be hard to fit. Wonder how exactly he wrangled it in there.

7. sh4m369

sh4m369 New Member

I think that the guy using the 2 MPls would look something like this...

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=51&l=fc2bca2ec74adb76f593bc2560dc5df778866b5f

I would just be guessing he used the std 240 it came with instead of buying a new engine for it.

- 5h4m3

8. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

The arms have 3 armor a piece, which makes sense. Nobody's aiming at them anyway.

9. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

They might not be aiming for them, but if (through clever positioning) your arms are in the way, you can easily make them hit your arms. I actually did this in cored commando 3A vs. fresh spider to take it out, I'd fire a volley and then turn.

10. PilotSerenity

PilotSerenity Well-Known Member

i am a Spider 5D and 5K user and i prefer 5D than 5K cuz of energy weapons, and i use MPLas too, it's heavy damage when 2 MPLas super fast super cool

11. Moonsword

Moonsword Star Lord

This needs some explaining and I have put it off for long enough.

When I first did this build, I looked closely at the chassis, with all the weapon hardpoints in the CT, it made it ideal to do up as a zombie.

I chose the 250 engine over the rest for 2 reasons, you are still quite fast, and the 250, as well as all engines larger than it, have the required minimum 10 heatsinks all in the engine.

By putting the JJ in the legs you can still jump, even after having had your side torsos taken out.

I have played a fair few games with this build, as long as you torso twist, and dodge, you are quite hard to kill, and also dish out a fair chunk of damage.

12. knightsljx

knightsljx Well-Known Member

My personal take on the Zombie Spider. You don't really need that many JJs. I'd take more speed with a bigger engine and more amor

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=51&l=9e7cad79b3a87ba65971c09d001bf89bd5354eed

13. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

STD270 might be an interesting engine to look into:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=51&l=d70a49b8a0d40a550439337c4afacc293a305078

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast