SHC-A "Point Taken." (2xcHLL, 1xcERML, TC1, ECM)
5/5,

1 rating

Discussion in 'Shadow Cat Builds' started by Excalibaard, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 01001101 01001111 01000100 Staff Member

My new build, easily adapted from the 'Point of War' I used to run. Yes, HLL take a long time to fire. Aim for the crotch/butt on a mech if you can so they don't spread your damage. The ECM lets you get some nasty shots off on unsuspecting people, and with an alpha like this, that can be devastating. ERML and HLL ranges work nicely together (opposed to ERLL+ERML) so you can use the single ERML from the same range, maybe to finish off mechs who didn't die from your initial alpha while your HLL cool down.

Have been very effective with this, though the damage output was a bit lower (damage falloff starts earlier and matches end quicker).

2. Barnacle Ed

Barnacle Ed New Member

5/5,
    I normally stink at mediums. But I've been getting 300-600 dmg games in this thing semi-consistently. Had no idea HLL was that powerful. 5 stars from me =)

Excalibaard likes this.
  3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 01001101 01001111 01000100 Staff Member

Thanks for the review, glad you're doing well in it!!

4. Barnacle Ed

Barnacle Ed New Member

Thx, and here's an obligatory SS I forgot to upload to show my best score yet, as of a couple days ago:

[​IMG]

EDIT: As another note, the new SHC-H Right Arm Omnipod makes this build run cooler, 7 on cooldown 2xHLL bursts before you hit 90+% heat (with 5 external Double Heatsinks), just shy of overheating, which is insane. Course you lose the Tracking computer, but an extra burst I think more than makes up for it.

EDIT #2: My mech has around -9% of heat generation, 10% heat dissipation, and +15% max heat capacity from skills alone, so that influenced my testing.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017 at 6:56 PM