1. Important News!

MechSpecs is changing owners. Please follow this link for all the details. It also includes a crowdfund, all donations are appreciated!
    Thanks for your attention -- the MechSpecs team.
  2. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

SHC-P "Shadow Hawk" (1x cERML, 2x cUAC2, 6x JJ)
2/5,

1 rating

Discussion in 'Shadow Cat Builds' started by Nyaki Stryker, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Nyaki Stryker

Nyaki Stryker New Member

So this is my first post here, i bought a Shadow cat this morning cause its a clan mech and it looked pretty awesome. So i am one of those people that has to have everything symmetrical on a mech, and this is as good as it got for me. I am looking for opinions on how to make it better or if it will even work. I field tested it on the testing grounds and it seems to hold up anything below a heavy. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
    Excalibaard likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

Welcome to the site. I've corrected your build title. Please read the FAQ section on how to post build crib sheets properly.

3. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Welcome to Mechspecs!

You can put all those dakka on your LA only. That would improve your converging and allow you to have a shield arm. You can also strip the shield arm for more ammo, or upgrade your laser and what not.

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard Space Snob Staff Member

How I'd run it probably. 2x SL gives 3 dps vs 1.6 dps from the medium laser. Does more damage for the same heat in a shorter duration, and the only downside is range. Since the laser is generally a close range backup for the AC2s anyway I don't think the range disadvantage would be a problem. I agree with Enileph that having both UAC2s in the same arm would be far better than having them so wide apart considering convergence and poking around corners.

5. Purity The Kitty

Purity The Kitty Active Member

It's interesting, I'm looking at it and going "is two enough?" 4.6 DPS is pretty nice, especially at a safe range, but you really don't see many mechs effectively using AC2s until you get up to 3+ of them.

I'd probably lean towards heavy smalls.

6. Purity The Kitty

Purity The Kitty Active Member

Played this a bunch last night with 2AC2 2HSL and it's pretty damn good. Right now I'm running both AC2s in the left arm. The stat stick right arm on the P is tempting (going to a single HML) but the two lasers do some work.

With the ammo skills and 5.5 tons you have enough damage potential; I stripped a touch of head and leg armor to get there.

It's not great, but it's very safe, and does its job. If you're a good shot with AC2s you can probably carry games with this.

It's given me a LOT more perspective on the mech and what other builds I DO like (AC10, PPC+ATM9) so it's done very well for that.

7. Excalibaard

Excalibaard Space Snob Staff Member

2/5,
    Low damage output, more annoying than it really is good. Only merits are the very safe range, meaning you can do some fun behind-the-lines action on HPG or polar.

8. catsonmeth

catsonmeth New Member

I've played a few variations of this build. Decent flanker. That PLINK PLINK PLINK PLINK can get a lot of attention, and it can be effective if you stay alive for a good long while, but if you get caught in a duel with anything, you're out. I'd drop a little armor for some extra ammo just so I wouldn't feel any need to conserve.