SHD-2K "Fist of love" (3x SRM6+A, 2x ERLLs, 2x JJs, XL300)

Thread in 'SHD-2K' started by Beastman, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Beastman

Beastman New Member

My first post.

This is what I currently run on the 2K. Did not see it on the forum so thought I would post it. Forgive me if it's already posted.

Easymode build, poke at range and face rape with SRMs when getting within rape range. Maybe a little low on ammo but it does it's job.

Feedback appreciated! XOXO

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    Vaeden likes this.
  2. Beastman

Beastman New Member

Screwed up the link :( Maybe a mod can change it? <3

3. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Simply paste the smurfy-link without url-tags. It will be auto-recognized.

Beastman likes this.
  4. Beastman

Beastman New Member

Oh okay! Read in the FAQ that I had to add "httpS" to the link but didnt do it from the start :/
    Thanks for the help!

5. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Not bad at all. A good mix of long range and short-range, though obviously, VERY hot to use both at once. In general though, so long as you are only using your ERLLasers outside of the SRM range, it should work fine; then, within 270 meters, switch over to JUST the SRMs. You might consider dropping the engine to an XL280, to get an extra 1.5 tons for DHS, Ammo, Armor, etc. But that would be up to you. ;)

Beastman likes this.
  6. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Welcome to Mechspecs Beastman.

It looks like a solid build. With the downsides of a jack-of-all-trades mech of course, but the versatility comes handy especially in solo queue.
    If you need more ammo you'll have to lower the engine but you have a lot of options: basically everything between XL280 and 300 is a good choice (well, except for 290, obviously), giving you some tonnage but still maintaining a 90+kph speed.
    I personally find the XL295 a very good alternative to the 300 (as long as you don't need the DHS slot) when I need a bit more ammunition.

Beastman likes this.
  7. Beastman

Beastman New Member

Thanks for the feedback!

You both have real nice options for the build and yes it runs very hot in sticky situations so going for a smaller engine to add som DHS would be a nice touch!
    The speed is perhaps not key for a poke and smash mech so an XL280 would probably be a nice alternative and considering cramming another ton of SRM ammo in there would help aswell.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast