SMN-D "Symmetry" (2x cLPL, 2x cERML, 2x cAMS, 2x cMG, TC1)

Thread in 'Summoner Omni Builds' started by TreeJet, Jul 30, 2014.

1. TreeJet

TreeJet New Member

I give you something incredibly rare in MWO. A perfectly symmetrical loadout. Lose a torso? You still got half your fire-power. The dual AMS in conjunction with the new weapons slot AMS overload is sexy because it still leaves room for radar deprivation. This is a big fat middle finger to any LRM boat. This makes me happy.
    Since the burn time and duration of LPLs and MLs are the same it makes perfect sense to group the left and right arms into their own weapons groups. It gives you 18.8 damage in each arm. The TC 1 adds a nice chance to crit with the pulse lasers. Once your lasers strip armor, the MGs finish the job nicely.

This is an incredibly well rounded build that suits the summoner's mobility very well.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Also amusingly immune to the savage cERLL nerfs. ;)

Will run it tonight to test. :D

Edit I take that back as the ERLL and LPL were linked before... if LPL now also have a single weapon limit then this mech has problems.

3. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

In architecture we consider this simetric also:

It just depends a lot in the simetry ideal u work in. The one in OP is Vitrubian one, here u can see a more minimalist one. Many, many ideals, with many, many dreams of beauty based in the Nature. Its presumed, by your subjective part, that simetry is healthy, so the chances to get better kids improve, lots. Actual fact is that in human beings its the opposite, cause the brain works assimetrically, so favours assymetrical bodies too, but most ppl choose like a dog would, just that using words to describe the supposed "beauty" instead of woof, woof at it :p

4. Maurox

Maurox Well-Known Member

Been running a variant of this, removing MGs (IMHO useless here), adding more armor and more heat sinks.

It's ok, basically a poor-man's Laser Vomit Timberwolf.

5. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

I've been running this one though I think I dropped a DHS for more AMS ammo. The agility is what really makes this mech shine.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast