SMN-D The Nationalist (4x cERML, 2x cLBX5)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'Summoner Omni Builds' started by Cpt Chattahah, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

You have the stock 5x JJ, full armor, and, 3T ammo. These small caliber LBX are incredibly fun!

Make sure you click your box for lower arm actuators for improved Laser agility. You have high armor, decent speed and great finishing power. Get in there and ruin someone's day!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Bashiba

Bashiba Well-Known Member

I just tried this out after seeing you play it in a match, it looked like a blast, and it turns out it is. Very fun build. First game out, with no skills unlocked.
    [​IMG]

The next game was over 500, fun build especially in brawls.

3. Cpt Chattahah

I've been running around 500-600 damage pretty easily. Not a phenomenal build, but, it's fun as hell.

4. Lorentz

Lorentz New Member

I consider any pair of UAC/AC/LB-5 to be included with this build. Personally, I run UAC5's and it plays like a really fast jaeger with jumpjets. ammo can be a problem on some occasions, but the 4xCERML can be an arsenal in the end-game. so for any of 2xCLBX5, 2xCAC5, or 2xCUAC5, this gets 5 stars from me.

5. Cpt Chattahah

Thanks, mate!

Hell, I've been LOVING the smaller LBX. Both on Nova and Summoner, they are required in my mind. Just too much fun not to bring! ;)

6. Abaddonis

Abaddonis New Member

Bah! Chattahah beat me to this build. Just came to post it up. Fun build. Might not be the carry mech on your team every match, but twin CLB5X's are crit hungry little cannons. Fast firing, spread isn't too bad. I'm enjoying this build so far.

[​IMG]

7. Cpt Chattahah

Also, I just saw on Reddit that Tuesday's public test implemented a tightening on the groupings for LBX2x and LBX5s. SO! LESS SPREAD! MOAR CRITS!

8. Thiak

Thiak Well-Known Member

is 3t of ammo really enough?

9. Abaddonis

Abaddonis New Member

For me, yes.

The spread isn't bad, but there is spread. I believe the gun base range is 720m, I would only shoot that far out as a last resort or to pepper a player in an attempt to get their attention. The ERML's are the primary 'ranged' weapons. I unload the LB5's at close range.

My legs rarely last long enough for me to blow through all the ammo...

10. Cpt Chattahah

Three tons is fine for an LBX, if you're running STD AC/5s or UAC/5s, I would run more. However, LBX are typically used only on exposed crits or very weak armor, so, 3t has been fine for me.

11. CX 1237

CX 1237 Active Member

It is a solid build, if only my skill piloting the Summoner was greater... 4/5 stars.

It's squishy compared to the 'Pocket Assaultmech' i.e. TBR.

/CX

12. John McFianna

John McFianna Active Member

I use the same, its a nasty Kill..securer.

Those 2 Lb5X have a nice range, and outright evil once enemy mechs have opened-up armour.
    The high mounts in the mechs shoulders are great, sadly the armlasers are so much lower.

13. Cpt Chattahah

True. Still, up until the new Clan-ST nerf, a great brawler. Great damage and crits. However, I haven't tried this build since the nerf.

14. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

The Summoner should rather be one of the chassis profiting from the upcoming changes to JJ thrust and JJ-keeping omnipods if I am not mistaken.

15. Arnie

Arnie Benefactor

Usually I run lights/meds while everyone plays Heavies and Assaults. Since everyone is playing SCRs and the CN9-AH currently I took out my heavies today:
    Best match ever in a SMN, and among my top 5 matches damage wise overall (I'm only average :shamefullyembarrased:). Used arty though.
    The last few were damaged but I also had a red CT, quite a "saved the day" feeling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nice build!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  16. Arnie

Arnie Benefactor

5/5,
    Very good results so far, but not much experience with SMN overall.

17. Cpt Chattahah

Hell yeah, Arnie! Great round!

18. Raven II

Raven II New Member

5/5,
    Absolutely sick build.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast