Steam Machines [Impressions, DIY, etc]

Discussion in 'Hardware / Gaming Gear' started by Blagg Zear, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Moderator Staff Member

ow i see, i just checked that site and tried to access that marketplace. Too bad the requirements are too strict to get instant access (need to do 50 posts at least and still have to wait 90 days).. Well, it does sound like a very good offer, still i think a GTX 1070 is a better Deal (i can get some for under 300) :D

2. Flokoloko

Flokoloko Advanced Member

The price is good for a R9 Nano / Fury but you are right, a gtx 1070 is much more power for the value. ~300 is a really nice price.

3. Blagg Zear

It's alive!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aylek likes this.
  4. Joe Bopper

Joe Bopper Well-Known Member

What operating system are you guys using for these? The Steam OS? Some other linux distro? Apparently if it's a 'Steam Machine', it's got Steam OS. I have some questions because I thought the best OS for gaming is Windows :\
    I'm also not sure what the benefit of having one of these over a desktop computer or gaming laptop is? Isn't a steam machine just a computer? (that is smaller with steam OS?)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  5. Blagg Zear

Most Guys would Chose Win 10 with Steam installed. Who wants to limit the Machine with Steam Exclusive Games? :p

But originally yes, a Small Form factor Build able to compete with Xbox One, PS4 in price/performance/efficiency/flexibility

Btw.. did you know why SteamOS was born and why it lost the players Interest? -> http://www.pcgamer.com/alienware-manager-on-steam-machines-lull-windows-10-changed-everything/

Since the specification of the upcoming Scorpio ist released, anyone here has tried to reverse engineer a nearly identical System with PC components? This would bei exciting

Should use this Console-like Case! It's awesome

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Joe Bopper likes this.
  6. Blagg Zear

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Config:
    1x Asus Rampage V Extrime
    1x Intel i7 5820k
    1x Asus GTX 980Ti Matrix Platinum
    4x G.Skill Ripjavs 3200 16GB