STK-5M "RhinoSRM" (5x SRM6+A, 1x ERLL, 4x ML, STD300)

Thread in 'STK-5M' started by Lan, May 25, 2014.

1. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Welcome to SRM madness - a 89 pts alpha damage with 26% heat efficiency in Smurfy. 60 of those are SRM goodness, make sure you only alpha strike them when absolutely necessary to avoid ghost heat. If you chain them you will rock their world continuously and get one helluva amount of damage done. This build is made in preparation for whenever we get SRM's fully operational (Yo, Deathstar!).

Lay off the ERLLAS in close combats, that's for telling long range people that yes, you can and will hurt them. This is why it is the weapon of choice for Zombie mode as some fools will go long and try to bring the RhinoSRM (patent pending on that word) down. You can swap the ER for a regular LLAS and gain 1% heat efficiency but that kinda defeats the purpose of being able to tag enemies at range, IMHO

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Love it. My favorite Stalker. I run without the LLas and Endo to bump up my DHS and get up to 40% Heat Efficiency (if you're mastered)

Chainfiring the SRMs means you have an unstopping stream of SRM6+A every .5 seconds. 12 damage per half second... Seriously... 24 damage per second... without end... This is the only mech that can chain-fire SRM6+A without a stop in the reload time besides a Splat Cat with paper ears holding all weapons or a Kintaro with half the armor.

OH! AND WE HAVEN'T EVEN ADDED THE LASERS YET! :D

I'm not sure how Smurfy calculates DPS, but, the Chainfired 5x SRM6+A will do 24DPS on their own if all missiles strike... Soooo... Smurfy's wrong. :)

:wub:^_^^_^

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  3. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

Running into this around a building in Frozen City would hurt. A lot. I eagerly anticipate the day srms work fully so I can change out a bunch of ssrm/lrm mech loadouts to srms (or even other loadouts by adding srms in the missile locations that I'm currently not using).

4. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

You're both right, Chatt, you and Smurfy. :rofl:

SRM-6s have a cool-down of 4 seconds, which means you can't actually chain fire for eternity; there will be a 1.5 second pause between the 5th and 6th shots, which means time when you are not firing, and thus not getting the same DPS as when you are firing. So, 5 SRM-6s actually only have a maximum DPS (over time) of 15 (3 DPS each). So Smurfy is right.

BUT, you are right that this 'Mech does produce 24 DPS for the duration of the 2.5 seconds that it chain-fires its 5 SRM packs. But that doesn't really count as "DPS"; otherwise this 'Mech could technically be said to have a "DPS" of 80. (During the 1 second that it can Alpha-Fire all its weapons, it can do 80 damage.)

So yeah, you're both right in a way; but in reality, 5 SRM6 packs can only dish out 15 DPS over a sustained period of firing. :)

5. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

lol SORRY! I was thinking of my 5x SRM4 build. THAT is the non-stop monster. :) And still, that means it's 16DPS and Smurfy doesn't agree... I dunno. Maybe I'm just crazy.

8 damage every .5 seconds, 5 launchers, Launcher 1 is reloaded .5 seconds after Launcher 5 fires, meaning an unending stream of 16 damage per second... Right? Am I losing my mind? I might be losing my mind.

6. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

You're not losing your mind, just forgetting that everything starts at t=0.

t=0.0s, SRM4-1 (8 Damage)
    t=0.5s, SRM4-2 (16 Damage)
    t=1.0s, SRM4-3 (24 Damage)
    t=1.5s, SRM4-4 (32 Damage)
    t=2.0s, SRM4-5 (40 Damage)
    t=2.5s, Cooldown (40 Damage)
    t=3.0s, SRM4-1 ... etc.

So in the first 3 seconds, you do 40 Damage, which is (40 Damage /3s) = 13.33 DPS.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast