STK-5S "FunBot" (2x PPC, 1x LRM20+A, 4x ML, 2x AMS, STD300)

Thread in 'STK-5S' started by IanSane, Sep 7, 2013.

1. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

I was bored and decided to tinker with my 5S because I almost never player it and this was the result.
    I haven't racked up crazy damage numbers yet (usually about 500-600 but then again I suck so...) with it but have been having an absolute blast using it.
    It feels like I am constantly firing at SOMETHING. Surprisingly good on heat if you take into account at PPC range you won't be using the Mlas so you have a 54% heat efficiency using your 2 PPC and LRM20. When they get in close you aren't using your LRM or PPC as much so your efficiency with the medium lasers is 86% and even if you throw both PPCs on top of that its 36%. So in fact it plays much cooler than it would suggest.

Reason I kept Artemus is simply because I am a tight wad and didn't want to have to rebuy the thing.
    I use this as a mid range fighter. I try to stick to targets within 350 meters or so and generally only use the LRM20 on targets I personally spot so I know I won't lose lock which is why I didn't bother with more ammo for it. Even then the ammo generally lasts me an entire match or close to it. I have also not run out of AMS ammo so far in a match so I feel the 1000rnds for both AMS is perfectly fine for me. Even if I do run out it would be late in the match and most of their LRM boats would be running dry or dead anyway.

Before you rate this give it a try I think you will be grinning from ear to ear.

klaDxci915Q

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast