Tacticon B-2000 Battle Comp. - do you use it?

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Blagg Zear, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Sounds like a Transformer, feels like a Terminator 2000 series. So what is it good for, and do any of you use it?
    :angelic:

[​IMG]

2. Hydrothermia

Hydrothermia Junior Member

The Cyclops is Shockwave! It's a fixed structure in the Cyclops so you have to use it if you're piloting one. I don't think anyone has put any extensive research in the sensor suite yet. I do know that if you're in range a little reticle status symbol shows up on the right side of your hud on top of the ECM eye.

3. Aramuside

Aramuside Star Lord

I've not even noticed it....

4. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Does anyone know if the range buffs stack?

5. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

It's supposed to extend the sensor range of all friendly 'Mechs within 200 meters. So, increasing your sensor range will not extend the range of the passive effect. I believe it only affects allies, not yourself, but I may be wrong. Regardless, allied targeting information gets relayed to you so it still helps you in that respect.

My understanding is that it will stack with your allies' other sensor range bonuses (BAP, sensor module, etc.), but I haven't actually seen that written anywhere.

So if you need a sensor range boost and you see a friendly Cyclops nearby, go stand near it. I saw an LRM Stalker standing near an LRM Cyclops yesterday. Another example would be a scout running near a non-LRM Cyclops for a quick sensor boost and then running off again.

6. Aramuside

Aramuside Star Lord

But did it actually help them as I've not seen any hard figures from someone affected? ;)

7. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. If you mean "Is it currently broken?" then I don't know.

8. Aramuside

Aramuside Star Lord

Well presumably people can give actual figures on the range they could lock at.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast