TBR-P "Zeus" (2x cERPPC, 2x cERML, 2x JJ, TC1)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Timber Wolf Omni Builds' started by Solahma, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Decided to try the most heat efficient, jump capable Clan mech I could with ERPPCs, now that IS standard PPCs have been slowed down. Gauss+PPC is not the most effective convergence combination anymore.

Low and behold ZEUS. With 2x cERPPC and enough cDHS to harness the awesome power of lightning!

2x cERML for some extra alpha power or for a low heat option if require immediate damage, but don't have the heat to spare to fire the cERPPCs again.

The Targeting Computer is perfect for the cERPPC because of the velocity increase. Also works nicely with the Target Info Gathering module to identify damaged components.

Recommended Modules:
    -Radar Deprivation (of course)
    -Target Info Gathering (for speedy target data, "Information is ammunition")
    - Or Seismic instead of Target Info Gathering if it's something you can't live without.
    -cERPPC Cooldown (the mech is heat efficient, so this will instantly boost your DPS)

Primary Build

Updated P2W version. Only a 3% cooldown difference from the original build (used to be 10%) Also now featuring a SINGLE lower arm actuated ERML!!! so good!!! :rofl:

Alternate versions.

Mk III Targeting Computer on S-variant for 3x Jump Jets

First night of testing. A couple dozen drops produced solid results. A few highlights:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Motörhead likes this.
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

It's...Perfect. Min/Max perfect.

Big Rico likes this.
  3. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

I've run dual PPC's with three MLAS on a T-Wolf and that is deadly. This should shine in any 5+ minutes engagement where it can hit and run, possibly brawl some but I would no take it vs a srm build. That cooldown is lovely btw. ^_^

Of course, Sol is probably going to tell me he used it as a brawler...? :)

4. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

;)

Only sometimes. You CAN brawl because of the sustained cooling. The "fire and forget" FLD allows you to torso twist and absorb a lot of damage. You can jump right into the thick of it and hold your own. But that is NOT the mech's specialty of course. It is best at distance trading and chasing. It works OKAY as a pop-tart, but 2x JJ doesn't feel like enough. After the coming JJ changes, 3 might work very well.

I'd also like to mention, the lvl 5 cERPPC cooldown module is a must! The follow-up shots are much faster.

5. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I thought the Timberwolf is going to get a Fixed-JJ Nerf.. ?

How about these here:

or

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

The Timberwolf-S Omnipods will have fixed jump jets, that is all. So Taking an TBR-S (CT, LT, RT) will have 5 fixed JJs: One in the CT and two in both side torsos. So really it doesn't matter at all considering you can simply run the TBR-P with a TBR-S Right Torso. BAM 2x JJ, just like you wanted. The only change is that it will screw up the slots of the original build, making 27 DHS impossible to run.

I did consider this for the "backup" weapons, but then I got to thinking. I don't need a "Backup" weapon. I would rather concentrate on aiming the cERPPCs and then spend the rest of the time torso twisting and evading. Maximize the amount of shots with the cERPPC, maximize the amount of time spreading damage on yourself, minimize exposure time. The more you can shoot the cERPPC, the better. However, I do like the idea of a higher alpha IF it is required. I will give it a try.[/quote]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  7. Abigail Acerose

Abigail Acerose Active Member

Twuuueeeee wuuuvvvvv!!!

cERPPCs are sweet...

Heat efficiency is amazing...

Fire and forget...

:wub:

[size=8pt][sub]1k+ on my first game![/sub]

8. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Looks perfect, too bad I still have long way before I can use a TBR.

Only change I would consider is a TC3 for a DHS and some little armor, might fit the build really well(-42.5% info gatering, so basically doubles the effect for the TC1 for that, plus the module it's almost instant infos and this build needs it, and of course slight buff in projectile speed and crits and zoom, any speed buff helps with the ERPPCs and the rest is nice for 1 DHS and some armor)

Anyway results speak alone even being unable to test.

9. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Another version I will have to try, thanks fx8230. I plan to try the 3x JJ w/ TC2 next, then the TC3, followed by Blagg's suggestion at a later time. I want to get a good amount of play-time in with each Targeting Computer to see how big of a difference it really is.

EDIT: your version will not be possible when PGI adds the fixed Jump Jet TBR-S Omnipods. That "S" Right Torso will have 2 fixed jump jets, screws up the slots a bit. Same with my version as well.

You will be required to fit things in like so:

This also means that after the fixed jumpjets are in, there is no reason to NOT run lasers in the arms because it will be impossible to fit that 27th DHS. Thus, back to Blagg's build

When this happens, I'll update the OP with the TC3 build above and Blagg's +2 ERML build.

10. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Update on the testing. One night I tried the 25 DHS and TC3 build. It was noticeably hotter. It still performed very well, and the benefits from the TC3 were nice, but I really missed the heat efficiency of the 27 DHS build, sadly that build is impossible after today's update.

I will test the 26 DHS build w/ 2 cERML next!

Top games with the TC3 that night:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Abigail Acerose likes this.
  11. Marukeru

Marukeru Benefactor

Still learning it, but I'm in LOVE!
    Right now, next to the Dunali, this is my fave build!

12. schnaetz

schnaetz Benefactor

I have not tested it yet, but maybe this is also viable:

More range but longer beam time compared to 2x cERMLas

Solahma likes this.
  13. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Very interesting variation. I don't like dropping even more heat-sinks, but the cERLL is a great choice at those long ranges.
    Thank you for the contribution!

schnaetz likes this.
  14. schnaetz

schnaetz Benefactor

You're right, that might be a bit too much heat for firing everything on cooldown.

15. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

Version complaint with the changes we believe are coming:

Dropped a half ton of armor to add cAP instead of having the floating half-ton, because sensor range and team-helper. I am DEFINITELY going to be trying this on my S.

[edit]The site doesn't like this code, for some reason, but the link works. Not sure what the problem is, have tried manually formatting it and entering it as media using the insert options[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  16. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

https://www.mechspecs.com/faq/

We are now on SSL, and so is Smurfy, which means you now need to use https://blahblahblah and not http://blahblahblah... Put an HTTPS in front of the smurfy link and post it.

Karl TenBrew likes this.
  17. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

18. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

A variation of the monster you created.

Solahma, Lan and The Verge like this.
  19. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

So i've been giving Blagg's suggested build a try w/ 2 cERML, also preparing for the fixed JJ locations. Dropping 1 heat sink compared to the original build is noticeably not as bad as dropping 2. The extra alpha from the cERML has helped in a lot of situations, even finishing a lot of mechs instead of waiting for the cERPPC cooldown time.

Having the 2 lasers also gives you something to rely on when you are running hot and need a weapon to shoot.

The other benefit I did not think of originally is looking a torso. It's nice to have a little extra punch when you are in a sticky situation and lose a side torso. It's not much, but damage is damage.

Few highlights from the past week in this build:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know this is the "S" variant, but it is my test platform until I find a JJ number I am happy with. 3 JJ still feels much better, but I'm not convinced it is worth the trade-offs. This build will most likely migrate to my TBR-Prime.

20. Kellias

Kellias Junior Member

I've always run this as 2x cERPPC, 4x cERML but I can see how the extra cooling would allow you to focus on using your main weapon and damage spreading. Can't wait to try this latest variant!