Solaris TBT-7K "MRManiac" (1xMRM40, 1xMRM10, 2xML, 2xLMG, XL285) +Alt

Thread in 'TBT-7K' started by Algae, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Algae

Algae New Member

Brewed this out of the idea of using something in Tier 6 Solaris that would be similar to the Vindicator in Tier 7.

Cutting it pretty close with only 21 total salvos from the MRM 50 eqv. However if all of those connect to target you are looking at 1050 dmg. LMGs to pop out those crits, and the lasers for a followup if you are in need. I have had good luck over-riding and using the ML to secure kills or to take out components.

Obvious danger includes having everything in the right arm. You lose that arm, and it is probably game over. That said, twisting away has done well, and you can always full shield with the left arm.

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Hey Algae,

please use the naming conventions as described in the FAQ wen posting your build Also, if a build is specifically for Solaris, feel free to use the Solaris prefix :)

Cheers,
    Excalibaard

3. Algae

Algae New Member

My mistake, thank you for cleaning up my mess.

Excalibaard likes this.
  4. Excalibaard

NP, thanks for correcting it!

I like the look of it, though not sure if the added MRM10's damage is worth the extra heat and tonnage used, I'd rather run a light engine!
    Also, usually SPLs over ML and HMG over other MG for the sheer DPS increase work best!

seems devastating in QP though!

5. Algae

Algae New Member

So I did make the switch in the lab to see what it would look like.

Pretty interesting at how much the DPS increases. I really like the idea of the light engine, if you are skilled enough at twisting you could lose a whole torso and still be going. Pretty solid alternate build IMO, going to have to try it!

Cheers

Excalibaard likes this.
  6. Excalibaard

This is more the ammo values that I'd personally use for solaris. If you can use the short range version in QP, I think your version is good to go as is :)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast