TBT-7M Fire Ze Mizzilez (2x LRM15, 2x MLas, TAG, XL250)

Thread in 'TBT-7M' started by SrgFlip, May 15, 2013.

1. SrgFlip

SrgFlip New Member

The 7M is my 2nd Treb, have been running skribs poptard sniper which is a lot of fun. Instead of going with just the same Loadout on the 7M I wanted to give LRMs a shot.

This is the initial Loadout I came up with to just test the idea without throwing a lot of CBs at it:

I was actually very surprised how well this Loadout was working so I put some more money into it:

Some additional notes:
    • Dropping down to 3 JJ hasn't really made any difference, so you could do the same in the first Loadout and up the ammo to 1080.
    • Ammo hasn't been a big issue yet even with just 720 - I have one of the launchers in its own weapon group in case I'm starting to run low or just want to scare somebody into cover
    • I would not recommend dropping under 720 (24 salvos) if you are running without Artemis, the wider missile spread reduces the LRM damage against Lights and Mediums considerably.
    • If you rather not loose both close range weapons in one go you can switch one of the Medium Lasers with the Tag, in general I prefer to have the Tag around if I still have both LRM launchers.
    • Update to a XL255 is of course an option if you have one around or can spare the CBs

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. SrgFlip

SrgFlip New Member

(wanted to link this in my original post but there is a 1 video per post limit :ph34r:)

Just to show that this loadout isn't lost in a brawl either:

(YouTube) River City Brawl

3. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

The videos posted are not the same as the build sheet.

The video shows an 3x SSRM2 build and the build sheet shows a 2x LRM15?

4. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I think the sheet listed on the video is stock loadout. I could be wrong. (Edit: I am wrong, it should have 2 LRM15s).

You're using an XL 250. XL 255 is the same weight for slightly more speed.

I'm not sure that at this speed you're gaining much over the CPLT-C1, which also has JJs and moves almost as fast, but also has Artemis, more ammo, and more MLs.

5. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

The big benefit is the lower weight class... assuming that weight classes will ever be balanced properly in matchmaking.

6. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Yeah, until then mediums get kinda shafted. My 5N build is hard to play right, and even on matches I play it perfect (use all ammo and a lot of ML shots, few misses) I end up with only 600-some damage.

7. SrgFlip

SrgFlip New Member

I fixed the you tube links, sorry about that.

Like I said this Loadout isn't really meant to be optimized and a heavy or assault can do the job better, initially I just wanted to give this a quick try and move on but was positively surprised how devastating this Loadout can be especially against bigger mechs.

Have to agree about the damage, there are medium mechs which can push more raw damage - one of the issues I've been running into is that you core Assaults and Heavies with 3 to 4 volleys so if you manage to apply the damage well there are no more enemies around to get high damage numbers.

8. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Now that LRMs are more popular, this build needs AMS (because I find it most effective when you can use the LRMs in conjunction with the MLs). That puts even bigger strain if you want JJs, speed, enough ammo...

9. ScatterBrain888

ScatterBrain888 Active Member

10. SrgFlip

SrgFlip New Member

Finally had the time to properly test run my loadout after all the changes in the last months - it hasn't lost any effectiveness against big targets and I had several instances where I almost ripped the leg of a light with a single salvo - however applying enough critical damage to actually finish the job is something the LRMs are not necessarily good at (in my experience).

[quote author=ScatterBrain888 date=1369664824 link=topic=1352.msg8935#msg8935]
    How about this:
    [/quote]

Just judging by first looks this loadout seems balanced. I definitely would play it differently then the boat loadout, especially with that much ammo for one launcher I would lob LRMs in the direction of any enemy showing his face just to improve their cockpit lighting ;). The one thing I definitely would change is to move the SRM6 into the torso and the LRM15 into the arm, the missile arm gets ripped off very easily in close rang battles and loosing the majority of your close range firepower when you need it the most is just frustrating.

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Hi there, full stars for this build.

my version:

Blagg Zear

12. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

I run something similar, and hopefully when we have weight balancing that addresses the need for mediums as opposed to just lights, heavies, and assaults it just might be viable. Right now. Not so much...

13. CB Cyrix

CB Cyrix New Member

I like to go fast :)

14. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Just bought this thing. Doing it this way:

Love it.

EDIT:

Doable with stock engine of course, so grap them during the weekend sales if possible.

A higher rate of fire can be archieved by replacing the LRM10+A with two 5-sized launchers. I'd like additional ammo then, so this would be the build:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  15. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Again a mixture of LRM15+A and LRM10+A, but as I found out today the LRM15 CD module will nearly equal their firing frequency. The XL235 grants enough speed for an LRM boat allthewhile allowing for even more ammo than in my last proposal. Feel free to remove one of the JJs in favor of maximum armor or another half a ton of ammo.

16. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Dual LRM15+A for 60% Cooldown quirk!!! OMG!

17. WVAnonymous

WVAnonymous New Member

Thought I would call out that the 7M Champion mech is on MC sale this weekend. I have a regular 7M with 2 LRM 15 2 ML that is an integral part of my drop deck, and I'm buying a second one so I can do 3 50 tons plus a King Crab on the 250 ton deck.

As long as the LRM15 quirks stay in place, this mech is very effective.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast