The clanner's Locust?

Discussion in 'Myst Lynx' started by Tulip Lee, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Tulip Lee

Tulip Lee New Member

I know a lot of people are dissing these, but I think they compare pretty favorably with the locust. Locusts are pretty hard wired to be harassers, and these mist lynxes seem a bit more scouty, especially with the ECM arm. I think these teeny lights are great training to learn the light mech roles. Any thoughts, or am I just playing armchair Kerensky?

2. The Verge

The Verge Administrator Staff Member

I think they are more like the Commando. Able to use cAP and ECM to really give them the scouting role.

enileph likes this.
  3. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

Ugh. if they just would have included 1 energy on the ecm arm (like the kitfox) and made it so you could have a way to remove JJ (like the TBR), this could have been an 'okay' mech. Instead, 3 tons of wasted space (2 tons of JJ and 1 ton of cAP) on a 25 ton mech and completely neutering the ecm arm has killed it.

In the whopping 3 games I played, it feels like it lasts longer than a locust (ala better hitboxes) even if it is much slower so that's a small plus. I also like how they took the non-equipment side torsos and allow the builder to pick which quirk they want (torso speed, torso angle, or armor bonus).

4. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Agreed Vergere, they feel just like a cross between the Commando and a Spider. Nearly as agile, nearly as jumpy and very small. Definantly in the same weapons category as the Mando.

enileph likes this.
  5. Midnite7175

Midnite7175 Advanced Member

Just keep it out of the brawl and you'll be fine. Arms are veeery vulnerable though. Been running a lot armless yesterday.

6. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

I wouldn't compare them to Locusts,... Rather more the Spider,... dang these things can jump! First drop I did half my leg damage came from myself. Currently I am an annoying jumpy ecm capable ERLL that gets lots of assists and does pitiful amounts of dmg :ninja:

7. Remarius

Remarius Space Pimp

Its better than my LCT-GB. ;)

The Verge likes this.
  8. skribs

skribs Legendary Member

It's got the firepower of a Locust, the arms of a Commando, the jump jets of a Spider, and the speed of a Trebuchet.