Meme TNS-5S "Ghillie's big brother" (1xGR, 1xLGR, ECM, LE315)

Thread in 'TNS-5S' started by J S, Nov 16, 2017.

1. J S

J S New Member

This build is immensely fun to play. And can do surprisingly well. No need to turn off stealth.

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Haha, this is a really clever combo!

Personally removed some arm armor and mounted a more common light engine than the 315 rating.

If able to replace/remove endo steel rather than upgrade the engine with that tonnage, you might also be able to equip some jumpjets in that space.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  3. J S

J S New Member

The point of the armor on the hands is that if they get destroyed, you will be smoking like a chimney. Thus be a lot more visible.
    I learned this the hard way with my stealth cicada

Regina Redshift and Excalibaard like this.
  4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Fair enough, but as long as they're not stripped, it should be fine right? With ~20 armor on each arm they'll not start smoking from just a bit of laser damage, and might even survive some gauss shots (granted, 17 may be a bit low)

Each arm is still a non-smoking area after taking a heavy gauss

J S likes this.
  5. J S

J S New Member

Yep, this is a lot better. And the armor should be sufficient. With this in mind, and the tonnage reduction coming out of it, you can also put in a smaller STD engine and squeeze in 3 JJs.

I personally value speed more than JJs when using stealth, but for some use cases the JJs can be quite helpful.
    Nice 'Mech the 5S. I still like my warhammers more, but this one comes in 2nd :)

Excalibaard likes this.
  6. In before The B33f takes a 12 man of these into Invasion and camps the gates and back shoots waves of pugs.

Three of these would be evil on the hot maps.

7. J S

J S New Member

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast