USER BUILD: Grimm's JR7-O Oxide "Grimm Streaker" Build

Thread in 'Mech Build and System Tests' started by Michael, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=123&l=f855a049c13d915172663cc987110e2b00d241f7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ssNFBEVgtk

This mech was originally posted by meeeee, with the combat drop being done by meeeeeeee!

RECOMMENDED ROLE: Skirmisher, Light Hunter
    TOTAL PRICE: 5,757,000 + 2,625 MC
    DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Beginner to Intermediate

STRENGTHS:
    • On par with every other Meta Jenner for speed
    • Insanely heat efficient with a 2.0+ rating
    • Includes BAP in the build for countering ECM
    • Moderately good damage output per Alpha
    • Great for newer players with locked targeting
    • Maximum armor for a Jenner
    DRAWBACKS:
    • No Jump Jets which severely affects mobility options
    • Limited to 270m, or less, engagement envelop
    • Completely ammo dependent
    • No secondary weapon systems
    • XL engines are extremely expensive and vulnerable
    • Running in to 2+ enemy with ECM will neuter you completely
    • Very weak leg armor (roughly 50% of max on each leg) as well as arms

This machine is a killah when working alone and even bigger of a beast in groups of the same type. I managed to do some drops in a group and was constantly scoring 500 damage matches and killing 2-3 mechs when working in tandem with another Oxide or hunting in a light lance.

You need to be extremely aware of who your target is and who is around him. If you get in to a situation where you are facing multiple ECM mechs it is advisable to bug out as 2+ ECM will negate your ability to engage your weapon systems. If you see the enemy team has multiple ECM I recommend that you stay on the outskirts of the battle until your team has managed to split them up. If your team doesn't split them up then don't even try, move on to other targets and engage them until you can clean up the lights with support (hopefully another BAP or a friendly ECM on counter).

It IS possible to get a 4th ton of ammo on there easily enough. You can shave off .7 tons of armor if you want (which is like 20 points though) and add that 4th ton. Or you can drop your engine down to a 295 and shave here and there for an extra ton of ammo. 3 tons of ammo is 37.5 alpha strikes though so you SHOULD have enough.

Overall this mech is stupid OP when you combine it with Artillery and Air Strikes. Once you master the mech and get that third module slot I would recommend getting Target Decay as this will allow you an extra second or so to maintain your lock while moving in and out of cover. As you can see in the video that module would have helped a great deal when moving in and out of cover in the city.

This build can be discussed here: Grimm's Streaker

2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Video not available :(
    Is the link wrong, or just the video still encoding?

3. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Its supposed to be at >1 minute so should be finished encoding here shortly.

4. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Great Video and Overview as well Grimm!

5. e92

e92 Benefactor

Nice video! You shot 218 streaks for potential damage of 545 in that drop. I'd guess that about 85-90% of those hit so you got about 4 hits with the two strikes.

Thankfully I haven't yet run into a good pilot in one of these and they haven't yet given me too much trouble.

6. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Unfortunately I have issues with hit registration. At one point (where it says so) I launched an Alpha and didn't see ANY flash so that is a bunch of damage which just didn't register. I don't what is causing it since my ping is usually under 40 (At one point it was 12 before they started messing with HSR).

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast