USER BUILD: SubjectSeven's JR7-D Jenner "Alpha"

Discussion in 'Mech Build and System Tests' started by Michael, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIXDRmhNXig

Behold, the new meta of the Jenner-D. With the nerf of the SSRMs they are no longer as meta min/max as they used to be; hunting lights with them is a real pain in the butt actually. So instead I upgraded the engine, removed the AMS and slapped on 2x SRM4 and 2 tons of ammo and above is what the result was.

Overall, AWESOME! Had a great time, lots of fun and lots of kills during the testing of this build.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=3&l=2c6136a3bf3c032c0c4f71a61484c41fea2042ff

RECOMMENDED ROLE: Scout, Base Cap, Skirmisher
    TOTAL PRICE: 10,117,531 cbills

STRENGTHS
    • Fast and agile. 150kph isn't the fastest mech the block but it is very close to it (currently as of July 27th). Speed is life in these little machines so if you keep moving your chances of surviving stay high.
    • Maneuverable. Having those jump jets really help on maps like Caustic or Canyon or even Alpine Peaks. Most people have 1 jump jet which allows them to kick up a little dust but this machine has two which allows it to scale most obstacles
    • Hard to Hit. The low profile on this mech, combined with its speed, make it extremely agile, mobile and hostile. The hit boxes also help. Jenner Hit Boxes seem extremely small, at least to new or unskilled players.
    • Packs a Punch. Your mech carries with it enough firepower to deliver a 36 alpha strike. That is a pretty hefty amount for something as light and as fast as it is. Plus all your weapons systems are ranged matched to be optimal at 270m so you don't have to calculate different ranges on the fly.
    DRAWBACKS
    • Your armor is 23 points below max. On an assault that wouldn't be an issue but in a light that is a big chunk missing. Most of it is missing from your head/cockpit area but the legs have some shaved off too. Keep this in mind when deciding whether to stay or go.
    • This mech does tend to run pretty hot and new or more inexperienced players may have a hard time managing the heat threshold. It gets easier as you begin to master the mech. Good mechs are heat efficient but great mechs tend to run the razors edge between firepower and heat efficiency.
    • XL Engines are something to be careful of. Yes you are fast, yes you are well armed and even decently armored but if someone can pop either of your side torso it is over for you.
    The build can be discussed here: SubjectSeven's Alpha JR7-D

2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Legendary Member

Good video. Good breakdown. I noticed you sweep up and down with your lasers a lot. Is that just to center yourself then try to catch legs more often? Just curious on the tactic.

"BEYAAATCH!" lol Almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Chatt.

3. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

Yes, as a light pilot I believe that any damage is good damage so if I am lucky on a high speed pass and hit the target center mass I can then make fine adjustments and get to his legs.

Also, sometimes I am targeting an enemy and I am not sure where his weak point is yet (the targeting paper doll hasn't show up at that point) so I will hit center mass and then adjust to the area that is the weak point once the doll shows up.

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Legendary Member

Cool. Thanks for the explanation. Makes good sense.

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Advanced Member

Lol, funny video. Michael you seemed to be a magnet for gettin hit with team fire that match. Was funny watchin you troll that YLW at about 7:20 to.