VND-1X "Purple Grind" (1x PPC, , 1x Slas, 1xAC10, 1x JJ, XL235)

Thread in 'VND-1X' started by NancyBoy, Sep 4, 2014.

1. NancyBoy

NancyBoy New Member

Hi, here is my grind build for Vindi 1x (rather it will be once i can afford the xl235)

i got inspired after watching Sean Langs ppc/uac5 build. but i wanted a bigger bang

curently im using xl220/1mlas insted of xl235\slas since i ran out of Cbils and just grabbed what i had in my mechbay.
    i did 440 on my 1st run on frozen city
    i might put in ER PPC insted. but gotta test on some hotmaps 1st

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Spheroid

Spheroid Well-Known Member

you don't need that slas. Max the leg armor instead.

3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Spheroid is right, at the range of PPC/AC10 you're not going to use the SLas and if the enemy manages to get in range of your SLas it's not going to account for anything, better just work on hitting your AC10. The ML you currently use is okay since 270 (to 540) is a pretty okay range to be alphastriking at.

You could also mount .5t of AC10 ammo, or a second JJ, which is what I'd rather do. Legs are important but if people aim for them, that 8 armor isn't going to give you as much time as extra ammo or maneuverability might give you in a longer game.

Alternatively, you could also mount the UAC5 instead of the AC10. It deals the same damage per burst at 3t less and faster bursts, though with a chance to jam. The jamming is annoying but as long as you're not in a real brawler you can often hide while it unjams. And you could also not double-fire if necessary to guarantee 100% safety (and less damage though). With those 3t you could probably get a lot of nice stuff like max armor, more ammo, backup ML, extra DHS. Maybe even a STD engine.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  4. NancyBoy

NancyBoy New Member

Thx for the feedback guys :)

i do link fire the ac10\ppc and ac10 got about the same projectory speed as the ppc, thats why i prefer that combo over the uac5

the slas is more a internal joke with the guys i run with, and its hillarious the few times you do get kills with it (1kill so far) :)

but yes that .5ton could have been used better, for 1 more JJ or .5ton more ammo if you prefer that,
    i dont find the leg armor a big issue in most of the games i have used this mech, ppl tend to go for my arms side torso or CT. Surpricingly i been a zombie quite a few times in this mech
    normaly i dont run out of ammo until at the very end of the game so its fine for me

5. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I like the AC/10+PPC combo and I'm currently testing this mech (purple of course ;) ):

I haven't tested the ERPPC. It's already hot enough, but maybe once basic perks doubled.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  6. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

not so much the original build, but S7/epikt are on to something. I think those are the best this shitty mech will ever be able to do. I went with the erppc/uac5 myself (no ML - got +1JJ and +1/2t UAC5ammo. After elite, I might even lose the 11th DHS for 4t ammo and a 3rd JJ).

7. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

I'm running with one close to Epikt's. Still underwhelming at best. :unsure:

The arms and arm mounted weaponry just seem so prone to destruction.

8. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

So, you've turned this into a better Panther. I like it!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast