VND-1X "Vindictive" (1xMRM40, 1xERML, 3xLMG, LE225)

Discussion in 'VND-1X' started by Solahma, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

So I was thinking what mech get's the best quirks for 1x MRM40... found out the VND-1X is super quirked for a great new-tech build

VND-1X offensive quirks (at the time of this post):
    Energy Cooldown: 20%
    Energy Heat: -20%
    Missile Cooldown: 25%
    Machine Gun RoF: 30%

Plus GIANT armor quirks. (+122 armor, that's +26% additional total HP, before Skill Tree. The skill tree can double that bonus.)

Which is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for this build:

It can brawl as well as take ERML+MRM40 shots at ~500m again stationary targets. It works alright against larger moving targets. And it will be nearly hit-scan up close.

It's spread isn't fantastic, but it does hold a tight enough grouping to only hit Center Mass on many mechs at range. otherwise it does great damage up close. Sure, SRMs take the cake for effective close range damage, but this Hyper MRM40 can through out some good DPS coupled with the insane RoF quirk (still need to test to make sure the quirk even works for LMGs vs. MGs, assuming it does)

I recorded some matches locally, so a video of a match and/or montage might be incoming.

Few matches so far. Worst match has been ~400. Many near or above 1k.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Trippton and Ruludos like this.
  2. Ragnahawk

Ragnahawk Well-Known Member

Heavy machine gun version.

Some people just don't use the extra range. This is for you.
    + It has higher DPS.

I should point out that MRM40 is the only MRM that fires slower than the other. (in case you were like hmm I want to build MRMs on some mech.)

3. Lighthouse

Lighthouse New Member

While MRM40 fires slower, it is also the most heat-efficient as well, same as MRM10.