VTR-9B "The Destroyer" (2x LL, 2x SRM4, 2x AC5, XL320)
4/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'VTR-9B' started by Cpt Chattahah, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Thought I'd try my hand at a Victor. I've never really found an Assault that I loved... Hoping the combo of speed, Jump Jets, firepower and armor can change my mind.

Here's what I settled on;

Good sniping. Better brawling. I'll show some results after I'm done here at work and can do a more prolonged drop series.

Alt Config A:

Little better downrange, not as good against lights.

Chatt.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Just did one quick drop while the boss ate. :D

4 kills, 3 assists, ~480 damage. Good speed and maneuverability. Great range. Good kill power at any range between the three weapon types.

Took a few good hits from PPCs, thought I was hurt and went for some cover. Looked up - 94% health, CT armor just yellow... After brawling a Stalker and an Atlas by the end of the round, one arm was red all other armor yellow. Twists easily to spread damage and can take a beating. Much nicer than some of my smaller mechs - even Jagers and 'Fracts. I'll have to get used to this.

3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

sneaky sneaky! :phear:

4. Cpt Chattahah

[​IMG]

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'! :D ALL my armor was gone, both ST and CT red, but, she just doesn't die!

I will be applying the exact same loadout to level my VTR-9S when I purchase it. It's just working so well for my playstyle! :D

5. Cpt Chattahah

Just sick.
    [​IMG]

The thing I love most about this mech is that I have the ability to poke out from either side of cover and fire off two weapons of the same projectile speed and high damage. Jagers, Blackjacks and the CTF-4X are the only other builds I've run with that option. It's nice not to be limited to one side being used to fire from cover.

Also, the ability to use the LLas while in flight with my JJ as a tracer to see where my AC5s will land. I like that. A lot. Fun fun. I'm kind of a giddy little kid with this mech. :rofl:

With a little more practice in this mech, I WILL break 1000 for the first time! :D

6. Cpt Chattahah

[​IMG]

Same loadout on my Victor S. Com'n, guys. Let me have that 5th star! :D

7. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

since I'm the only one that rated your build.

DONE

~I ama god!~

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Whenever I save up the money again to try the Victor I will give this a whirl.

9. Cpt Chattahah

AHHHAHAHA! GOT THE STAR! I'm giddy like a schoolgirl. :D

10. Cpt Chattahah

AAHHHAHAHAHAHA!!! I FINALLY DID IT!!!

[​IMG]

First time breaking 1000! :D SO excite!

11. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Welcome to the 1000 Club!!!! We have jackets. ;)

12. Cpt Chattahah

God, I love this build!

[​IMG]

I tried playing around to add more ammo as I am usually running out by the end of a 12v12 match, however, with the dual LLas, it's enough to finish off mechs at the end of a round. I have been running out of AC/5 ammo regularly about 1-3 enemies from the end of match, however, the SRM ammo seems to be about right.

My question is; How would you lovely chaps recommend sneaking an extra ton of AC/5 rounds? I could drop to an XL310 powerplant, which would gain me the tonnage, however, that would be a significant chunk of my current C-Bills and I'd lose a little speed. I could also drop a heat sink, but, again, downside. I'm already struggling with heat in large melees lasting over about 15-20 seconds of constant fire. What do you fellas think?

Thanks for any help and input! :D

13. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Here you are. Tweaked the thing a bit for you:

- faster
    - more ammunition
    - less heat
    - added AMS + ammo
    - all at the cost of 2 SRMs per salvo and 2 JJs

14. Cpt Chattahah

Dropping to 2xSRM4 was my final choice. I played with a few things and that seems to be the most viable option. I don't want to spend the C-Bills on a larger engine and I rarely run AMS. I know the benefits it brings, I just feel the weight can be used to my advantage better in other ways. Jump Jets actually save me more than AMS.

Thanks for the feedback! I agree, the SRM4s are the way to go! :D

15. Cpt Chattahah

The inspiration for this build;

16. goooooller

goooooller Well-Known Member

I run this exact same build and it murders. Plus like you mentioned both arms have the same weapon type so its very easy to poke around a corner. Another bonus is that it can work all but the K chassis.

I chain fire the AC5 and LLas and let the SRM's fire all at once.

5/5

17. Cpt Chattahah

[​IMG]

Closer, but, I'm seeking more of those elusive 1000 damage rounds. :rofl:

18. don Zappo

don Zappo Advanced Member

It's because of this build I can't wait to finish eliting my atlas and move on to Victors. This just seems to have all of the things I love in a mech. It's like one mind... GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

19. Cpt Chattahah

LOL She's still my favorite build in game.

Better for PUGs than groups, though. It's an all around mech instead of a focused brawler or ranged support. It's still solid in groups, but, not as role-oriented as some prefer in competitive play.

But I just can't get enough. Twin AC/5s and twin LLas w/ a SRM Shotty to finish 'em off... Good times.

My only 1000 damage plus round is still in 8v8, though. Need to step up and focus more again in 12v12 and get that 1k! :D

20. Cpt Chattahah

BOOOOOM! 1k!
    [​IMG]
    So close.
    [img width=700 height=437]http://i.imgur.com/0GPk5Ni.jpg[/img]

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast