VTR-9S "Saev Sniper" (2x PPC, 2x AC5, 1x JJ, XL350)

Discussion in 'VTR-9S' started by scromboid, Feb 3, 2014.

1. scromboid

scromboid Well-Known Member

I do not like to Jump snipe, so I just use the JJ for mobility. I love this robot. I got owned by a guy using this who went on to do 1260 damage to my team. Reverse engineered it and here it is....

[​IMG]

Here's another one... 1k club! :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Legendary Member

Very good mech. The biggest strength is that the Dual AC/5 is still less than heat neutral (meaning you still cool off while firing both AC/5s full auto), therefor, I get some more AC ammo in there. Use the PPCs for some hard hits and the AC/5s for shake and quick DPS and this mech can EASILY break 1000. I've used it many a time on my 9B. However, I use an XL335 and cram 210 rounds of AC/5 ammo in. Keep your distance and then UNLEASH HELL once people get within about 400m. This mech is DEVESTATING. The AC/5 and PPC have the closest Energy-Ballistic projectile speed match so you can just hold down a single key and target single components to tear people to shreds. GG, Scrom!

3. Aylek

Aylek Moderator Staff Member

This is simply a great combination of weapons on all the VTR variants able to carry them. The 9K can still do the typical AC10 + 2x PPC combo.

4. scromboid

scromboid Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! :) Glad you like! Means a lot coming from this awesome crew :)

5. knightsljx

knightsljx Well-Known Member

Every tryhard runs dual AC5 dual PPC on a Victor these days. Jump shoot jump shoot jump shoot, all day long.

The Dragon Slayer is still the superior variant to run it though since you can shield with left side

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  6. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Legendary Member

The Dragon Slayer cannot mount all the weapons in it's arms, which, in my opinion, is a SEVERE disadvantage.

7. POOTYTANGOSAUR

POOTYTANGOSAUR Well-Known Member

Dslayer does it best. Why? Ill tell you. First, having all weapons on same side is massively advantageous with convergence and the ability to fire all weapons while hiding half your mech. Second, you can use the weaponless side as a massive shield. Third, when you get real desperate or use all of your ammo and your left side is cooked you can sacrifice the ac5s and still have the torso mounted ppcs.
    Ask Falconium. He is an adept.... and i mean ADEPT! Dslayer player.

8. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Randomly here browsing unread threads, anyone attempting this build would be wise to downgrade the engine and add some more JJs if they intend to jump and shoot. I'm not even sure if 1 JJ cuts it for mobility purposes after the patch, haven't made my way into my VTRs since the most recent patch.

9. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict