Weekend Tournament for 10/24/14

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by don Zappo, Oct 24, 2014.

1. don Zappo

don Zappo Advanced Member

Welcome to our Chassis Leaderboard Challenge!

In this Leaderboard Challenge, you can compete for the position of Top Pilot of any specific chassis.

This competition will consist of 39 brackets: 1 per chassis for each Inner Sphere and Clan 'Mech.

There are a number of MC prizes available for the top 10 players in each bracket. This gives a total of 390 potential prizes to be won!

Are you the best of the best? Prove it by compteting for the title of top pilot in each chassis for MC prizes and bragging rights!

Don't forget to read the rules below and opt-in!

Score Formula

• Score formula: (Kills × 20) + (Kill Assist × 10) + ((Damage Done - Team Damage) ÷ 15) + (Wins × 20)
    • 1st Tie-Breaker: Number of matches played (fewer is better).
    • 2nd Tie-Breaker: Team Damage (less is better).
    Rules

• Opt-in on this page at any time to join the tournament!
    • The event will begin at 10AM PDT on Friday October 24th and will last until Monday, October 27th at 11:59PM PDT.
    • Only your best 10 victorious matches in each chassis throughout the course of the event will be counted.
    • You can play in and win prizes for any and all chassis' you earn a top 10 rank for.
    • All variants of any chassis, including Heroes, Champions and other special 'Mechs will be counted.
    • Only solo matches will be counted. Private and group matches will NOT be counted

2. don Zappo

I think that this leaderboard challenge is a stroke of brilliance from PGI. You may never see as much diversity on the battlefield as you will this weekend.

3. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

I'm super glad they're doing this instead of the weight-class challenge. That thing REALLY borked up matchmaker and games with very samey teams because anyone serious about it dropped in the same three or four mechs per weight class...at least, that was my impression.

Even if every serious contender plays the same variant/build for their chassis, it's still a way more diverse playing field overall.

4. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I bet this is a data gathering gold mine for the upcoming quirk changes. Maybe we'll even see a revised tier list next week.

5. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

This . . . yes. This will probably be one of the best challenges to participate in, as it actually pushes people to play their favorite 'Mechs, rather than simply taking the "best" or most Meta-type ones.

That being said, though, I personally hate droppping Solo, so you won't see my name up there. BUT, I'll still spend the weekend tearing through whatever players still happen to be dropping in the group queue. ;)

6. Aylek

Doesn't matter which weight class I choose, waiting times are a pain in the ass for me. Cancelled in a medium after more than 3 minutes. Aweful.

7. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

I'm curious to see the top locust score...

8. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

The problem with these is that people go all out kill trolling to try for perfect scores. It's gonna be another aggravating weekend ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  9. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Not to mention you have to play A LOT and use arties... not something you can do every weekend (once was enough for me).

10. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

As usual, I played about 10 matches and gave up. Too many people playing like idiots to want to play with them right now

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Did you actually mean this here?

[​IMG]

12. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

You mean different LRM boats :D

Any game is still like that, and if you don't adapt, you might as well not land a single hit, because without teamplay LRMs are deadly, and teamplay is negative.

Dropped 2 times in my LB20X SCR just to have it removed 2 times from friendly fire(sad how it happened the same way both time, I shield with the right in brawls were I'm going to kill the target with the last shotgun fire, so left part is pointed to friendly, who shot like I'm invisible to get the kill, crits my LB20X, I turn, it doesn't shot and I get an extra hit from the enemy) dropped in SCRs with SRMs 6 (Aylek was in the same team too, and at least we won :) ) and all I could do is take down a banshee and then I just had to cover for 75% of the match, as soon as the end phase started I went to pick single targets in braws and bam, leg gone, after the target is dead, and it wasn't even crit. Friendly LRM shower !

...I just wanted to master my SCRs this weekend :arghh:

I then dropped few times in LRM40, sure works in this scenario, but it's boring.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  13. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Well, I don't know if it's because of the tourney, but I had 100% of bad games this morning, all I did was rage quitting over and over.

14. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

its Lurmageddon again... :thumbsdown:

15. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I ran into Aylek once, and continued my spree of having the worst ever games whenever I see a mechspeccer ;) I need to stop doing that. I may just make one of my SCRs into an LRM boat to at least farm some kills and exp :p

16. Aylek

Oh sorry, didn't recognise you.

Am considering to push another chassis to top 10 atm, but obv not a medium, as waiting for games takes ages there. Maybe Commandos?

17. don Zappo

Do it. DO IT!

You know you want to do it.

18. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Honestly, I'm glad you didn't notice...I didn't even do 200 damage that game.

Had nothing but losses today anyway (not even one win, out of 20+ games), so I'm having trouble wanting to play :( Maybe later I'll find some smarter teammates...but the last game sealed the deal. Conquest on TT, we got 6 kills...then they massed up in Theta and farmed idiots funneling in one by one. So we lost from kills 6-12...

19. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Lol not even logged in as Eve Online is having a charity battle.... or was trying to until some sad basement dweller started ddosing the server... just as we tried to bridge on top of a 200 man battleship fleet heading there.

20. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

They're doing quite well looks like.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast