When did Spider's become invincible?

Discussion in 'Spider' started by Diesalot, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Diesalot

Diesalot New Member

Last night (2/18/14) Hit a Spider dead on with 3 AC 20’s It was stopped in it’s tracks appeared to be overheated. Did not see any damage to it at all, it powered up and ran off. Is this normal? I am NOT accusing anyone of hacking, but hard to believe 3 AC 20 would not have at least dented it? :wtf:

2. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Dispossessed

Pretty sure Spider hit detection was fixed... unless they broke it again. What's your ping like? Were you downloading anything in the background that may have fucked things up (ie the Spider was there on your screen but actually somewhere else because you were lagging)?

3. Diesalot

Diesalot New Member

I don't think I was lagging, but since the last patch, lag is an issue. Ping runs 100-120. Was not downloading.

4. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

Thing is, i'm sure any other light would have been dead in that exact situation...

5. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

Spiders are still pretty crazy to hit with ACs. I would guess size has a lot to do with it; remember just because YOU see it hit doesn't mean the server does and because it is already such a small target the margin for error is extremely small.

6. Gunnar23

Gunnar23 New Member

I've blasted away at spider with all sorts of non-hitscan weapons and they rly do seem to be invincible right now. The majority of the pug matches I play always ends with a lone spider for one of the teams. The ac/20 round is about half the size of the entire mech, how is this not even stripping armor? So frustrating. :angry:

- Gunnar23

7. Business

Business Advanced Member

In this scenario, one I've witnessed and experienced multiple times, the Spider was shut down. Under no circumstance should a server be that much of a piece of shit to not register hits on stationary targets. Spiders will remain broken until the game is dead.

8. skribs

skribs Legendary Member

Just recently, I don't remember if it was a medium or a heavy (and definitely don't remember what Mech it was), but it was the last Mech alive in skirmish on the enemy team. I was trying to find the head, and actually found a point center torso where nothing took damage.

I would have reported it but...uh...I forgot to.