Which Jager did you sell?

Thread in 'Jagermech' started by Bashiba, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Bashiba

Bashiba Well-Known Member

I have all three Jager's mastered, I need to sell at least 1 of them to free up a mechbay for whatever chassis I buy next.

I think I will keep the A, just because it plays so much different than the other 2, I have been having fun with it lately just running 4 LRM 10's and a couple lasers.

So now I'm down to the DD vs S, I'm not really into the Machine Gun Builds so I basically never use the 6 Ballistics in the DD, however I almost never use all 4 energy hard points on the S either, so those two to me are almost a wash. I feel like 4 and 4 hardpoint S is a little more flexible than the DD's 6 and 2, but I can't make it my mind.

Which one did you guys sell and why?

2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I actually sold all of them except my Firebrand. Sometimes I would like the DD back but for the most part I don't really play them much anymore.

3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Was my first purchased/mastered mech. I had them all for a while, but now I only have the Firebrand and DD. Between the two, I can run a great amount of diverse loadouts.

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

If you don't like to run multiple MGs then pretty clear. I myself like the S more just because of the 4 Energy Hardpoints, which are good if you lose Arms!

5. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

i have them all

i must keep them all

6. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Necroing this because I think this is a question that will arise again for other players as well from time to time.

I sold -A (becaue of owning Catapults) and -S (owned before Firebrand came out), but kept the DD and (obv.) Firebrand.

Sold -A and -S: Without owning Catapults I would have kept the -A as well. Multiple builds are pretty strong here, of which every single one containging a ballistic weapon is nearly exclusive to the -A and can't be reproduced by a Catapult. Some examples for those exclusive builds:

The -S was sold because it was pretty similar to the Firebrand and I felt I could do any multi-ballistic build on the -DD anyway.

Why did I keep the other two?

- DD is very strong in multiple ways and allows very aggressive builds like 3 AC5 + 3 MG + 2 MLas or 2x LPLas + 6 MG and so on
    - Firebrand is a whole different story as those fantastic arm mounted weapons allow for very good energy sniping

7. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I'm sad to say I sold all but the Firebrand. I'm just bored of them.

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I think I kept m Firebrand and the D?

9. Rhaegor

Rhaegor Junior Member

I think I will keep my Firebrand, A, and D. No reason for the S with the Firebrand, and the A can do things my 4 Catapults can not do. That said, I am waiting to see what quirks they give the Jager and then will decide.

10. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Kept them all.

The A was my least favorite but AC20+SRM+A gave me some new interest
    The DD is my go-to 2x AC10 + 4x MG brawler :D
    The S is left for ballistic boatery, or you can get more energy backup weapons :D
    The Firebrand is great to mix up energy as main weapon with the ballistics.

Overall between the hardpoints there is a really great balance to keep them.

11. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Like S7, I've kept them all so far (well, that is, the 3 standard variants; I never bought the Firebrand). If I were to sell one, it would definitely be the S. It's the least unique of the 3, having only 4 Ballistics compared to the DD's 6, and only 2 more Energy. And Energy weapons are NOT what Jaggers are meant to carry.

That said, IF I did sell the Jagger-S, it would probably be to buy a second DD. I have two favorite builds for the DD variant, and it'd be nice to not have to switch back and forth between them. And besides, the DD can do pretty much everything I ever do with my S, just with 2 fewer MLasers (which means better Heat Efficiency).

12. triforceelf

triforceelf Benefactor

I've kept all my jagers, there is a decent number of builds you can make, and especially with the quirks coming I'd hold on to them for a while.

13. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Sold the S, hope it won't be the one that gets AC20 or Gauss quirks now :D

14. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I am holding my breath here as well and am ready to re-buy whatever variant, although the A already looks very tempting atm even without knowing the upcoming quirks yet.

15. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I was lucky I had no missile boat at the time, so I had to keep the A, now it's excellent. I hope it will get some SMR quirks and not some lame LRMS ones :D

16. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Sell a JM6... *mad people!*

Dual gauss... dual AC 20... AC5 builds etc etc.

Very versatile and able to use their weaponry effectively.

To this day they're one of my favourite chassis. The only problem with them is everyone primaries you off the field but luckily with the advent of DWF's theres a higher priority target.

One of the very few IS chassis I've contemplated having multiples of but waiting on the quirks as they might make me cry.....

17. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

I sold the JM6-S and kept the DD and A variants. The S really can't do anything that the DD can do other than load in two more Medium Lasers since it doesn't have the weight capacity to fit in more than 2 PPCs or Large Lasers. I'd prefer to have the two extra ballistic slots to run ridiculous builds like 5x/6x AC2, or 6xMG.

18. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Yep usually doesn't even have weight for the 2 extra mlas if you want to keep a decent speed.
    The only unique build is 2xAC10 and 4x Mlas.But now it's all about quirks...but hey I sold it like 4 months ago :D

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast