WHK-C "Headhunter" (2x cGauss, 2x cERML, cAP)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Warhawk Omni Builds' started by Remover of Obstacles, Mar 8, 2015.

1. One of the better dual gauss clan platforms right now due to the ballistic cooldown quirks. You will run out of ammo even with 7 tons, so you can sub out the cAP for another ton of ammo. You have assault armor and are essentially heat neutral, so it can brawl better than expected. The alpha is lower than most other brawlers, but it is very focused damage.

Quirks
    RA: +10% Ballistic Cooldown, +28 Armor
    LA: +10% Ballistic Cooldown,+14 Armor/Structure
    RT: +9 Structure, +5% yaw, pitch
    LT: +18 Structure

Modules
    Gauss Cooldown is a must to maximize dps, the rest is personal preference/playstyle.
    If you snipe, you will probably trade the cAP for an extra ton of ammo and you may want the extended Sensor Range and Advanced Zoom.
    I tried the Target Information Gathering combined with cAP and found it very useful. But I typical use Seismic and Radar Derp if I have them available.

If you do not have the C variant, you can use a ERLL or MPL.

Credit to Cpt Chattahah and Pooty for the 2x ERML and ammo recommendations and my apologies that some full tons of ammo had to be used.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Dagonus likes this.
  2. B0ilz

B0ilz Well-Known Member

AGAIN WITH THE HALF AMMOS! WHYYYYYYY....

3. POOTYTANGOSAUR

POOTYTANGOSAUR Well-Known Member

Fixed. But even so the build doesn't have enough ammo.

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

What @POOTYTANGOSAUR MEAAAAANT to say was; "fixed"

810m is plenty for UAV takedowns and you also get a slightly stronger alpha...

Plus, ammo = life on snipers.

5. POOTYTANGOSAUR

POOTYTANGOSAUR Well-Known Member

I didnt know about the C variant when I posted that. But now I think this:

but that isnt related. So then I thought this:

Both great builds. Ones a sniper, one is a brawler.

6. I like the 2x ML and more ammo.

I shaved some armor to get more ammo in the build I am running now. I will probably switch to the 2x ML after the new pods are available for C-Bills.

The long duration of the ERLL pretty much is just a beacon that says 'please shoot me'. The extra damage is rarely worth it.

7. I dropped the ERLL for 1xMPL since I don't have the new CT-pod. Even with 70 shots, I ran out.

[​IMG]

This is how the game ended. I dropped down from Theta to the lava and shot off his leg. Then he finished off my leg. He had the damage. I had the armor and cooling.
    [​IMG]

8. That Dawg

That Dawg Well-Known Member

ok, thats cool

9. Is that a pun?

10. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

Good build with no heat generation.

11. Dagonus

Dagonus Moderator Staff Member

5/5,
    So, my Warhawk had sat unloved in its mechbay since shortly after I got it (for free). With the current event, I had to dust it off and find something that worked. I built pretty much the same mech out and was going to share for the event but found it was already here.

This still works well.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast