WHM-6D "The New Vomit" (2xLL, 7xML, STD305)

Thread in 'WHM-6D' started by WorkerPrime, Jan 19, 2016.

1. WorkerPrime

WorkerPrime Junior Member

Hot as all hell but so is that vomit. BURN THEM ALL, WIELDERS OF MJOLNIR!!!

This thing got the last kill of a match then immediately overheated and died. lol.

2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Nice~
    Though I think upping to 305 just to use up the tonnage may not be worth it.
    I rather downgrade the engine back to STD300, and remove a DHS.
    With that I get basically full armor (or full armor if you want that 2 extra point) and AMS.

3. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

305 is a SUPER uncommon engine. Most people don't own one and biting one for a single build seems a bit counterintuitive. Even having a hefty bank account and STDs being cheap, I would buy a 305...

I'd stick with Enileph's suggestion to be more reasonable to your common mech warrior.

4. POOTYTANGOSAUR

POOTYTANGOSAUR Well-Known Member

Step to max XL, drop ENDOSTEEL and fill every slot with dhs. There will be weight left over but it'll be better than as is lol.

OR

Step to XL 325, drop ENDOSTEEL and drop 1 mlas for llas. So 3 llas, 6 mlas, xl 325, 20dhs. Higher alpha, no ghost heat, better ranged capabilities.

5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

That would be a different build though, 3x LL.

6. POOTYTANGOSAUR

I mean I guess so. But why just eat the ghost heat? This build has literally no advantage over the other? I understand the whole, let people build what they want philosophy, but it's hard to just let them gimp themselves. The suggestion of improving their build by swapping a single laser for another type of laser is IMO worth it haha.

7. enileph

enileph Star Lord

3.2 ghostheat is acceptable though even if you take it.
    That, and you don't have to alpha everything. I would fire body and arm differently, aiming difference.

Ghostheat is not a rule. You can happily use 2x AC20, right?:smuggrin:

8. POOTYTANGOSAUR

Ghost heat is more of a law. It will affect you whether you want it to or not. Firing 2 ac20 seperately diminishes your dps and spreads damage more than if you were to alpha. Same with vomiting lasers at people. It may save you the 3.2 heat but why not just adjust your build slightly, get a higher alpha with better range and no ghost heat? Lol

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast