Workable Lights post size changes?

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Aramuside, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Aramuside

Aramuside Star Lord

Curious on peoples suggestions for lights as I've been levelling up Jenner IIC's the last 4 days and idly watching the mech distribution in tier 2 battles.

Across 32 battles (with 2 lights on average - just one battle had none and two had one, a few had three):

a single Jenner IIC (NOT including mine);
    a single Jenner;
    two ECM Commandoes ironically in the same battle;
    two ECM Kitfoxes;
    one Firestarter;
    two Adders;
    one Huggin;
    one Urbanmech.
    three Spiders (2 ECM and 1 unknown).

Then entirely ACH's, LCT-PB and LCT-1E in large numbers..... I even saw Sean Lang levelling up a Pirates Bane.

As I've been gone for a couple of months I was curious if that sort of distribution is common now or if anyone has worked out effective strategies for the "new world". I did notice the Jenner IIC's are massive targets now ... they were already not great before but you could minimise profiles in hit and run to play to their high damage capability - now every clan mech just lases them stupidly easily at 500-800m if you peep out.

Edit: Should have said I ended up mostly using SPL at knife fighting range as the 2 LPL etc variants were getting ripped to shreds by any heavy clan mechs... which were very common.

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Locust or bust is a fairly accurate observation. They got a huge buff with their decreased size, making hitting them almost like a headshot. The jenner on the other hand always already had a huge CT, and now it's even larger. TBH I'd expect the heavies/assaults to be larger than they currently are as well, the jenner is as high as 2/3rd of an atlas, for 1/3rd of the tonnage.

https://static.mwomercs.com/img/news/media/a17413c15da71779c42d3ff2ad0e3cd8.png

3. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

But it's not as wide or as thick. Height isn't the only determining factor for size.

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

That's true, but the size increases of most 35tonners still look largely out of proportion to me. And if you combine the larger size with terrible hitboxes that's still going to be a huge nerf!

5. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Yeah they're still a pain to leg given how skinny the legs are.

6. Aramuside

Aramuside Star Lord

No one even tried with my Jenner IIC's - it was ALWAYS a CT kill on my matches. Id often look at my bright red torso schematic then find I was still at 70% armour despite being on avoidance.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast