Your most cringeworthy builds.

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by IanSane, Sep 15, 2013.

1. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Is it a pure ammo build that drives you crazy seeing or is it 6 PPC builds that make you insane.

For me the most annoying build I have seen in a while was a Jager with 4x AC2s and absolutely nothing else. No lasers for backup, no AMS for defense simply 4 AC2s with 550 rounds of ammunition and a bad motor to boot. At the same time though I am also torn by the 100% LRM boat I saw. Just LRMs and NOTHING else.

Don't get me wrong AC2s are fun as hell but when you can easily keep the 4 ACs and stick a couple medium lasers on for when the ammo runs out but don't and STILL use an underpowered XL engine on your mech I just want to shoot you myself. You could even fit 5 AC 2s on the same mech and while I still wouldn't like it for its massive heat and no alpha problems it would at least be optimized.

So tell me, am I wrong? If so then by all means tell me why or if you agree there ARE annoying builds that make you want to pull your hair out tell us about them.

2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Mechs that can mount ECM, and don't do it just make me laugh

Ilubabe likes this.
  3. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

atlases (ddc's esp) with any more than 1 lrm10.

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Atlas with XLs. Cracks me up. :D Mos def not enough speed advantage to justify.

5. Mythweaver

Mythweaver Advanced Member

Ravens or Cicada's with an AC/20 and 10 rounds of ammo are kinda funny...Streak Cats were a pain in the behind at one time...

For the most part it is the 'Mech piloted by the last guy who killed me that bothers me the most.

Myth.

pepperdoggy likes this.
  6. The Verge

or worse, one of your own builds killing you.

7. Marec

Marec Well-Known Member

Nothing against sleek lines with Big'uns :cool:

Builds that fill every weapon slot "because it's there" although reducing the number and increasing size of guns would make it more powerful and cooler too.

8. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Builds? Not many.

When a build includes many different weapon systems with different firing solutions/bullet speed etc.

ERPPC spiders for the illogical ability to even mount the largest, hottest canon on a light mech. Not annoyed with the pilots as such but the system itself. I have friends that kicked behinds a plenty with it, I just don't like the ability to use it effectively (did you ever hear about a BT story where a spider mounted that?).

That SHS builds are non viable in 99% as too hot. The gap between DHS and SHS is too large.

Pilots? Plenty. That last guy who runs out of bounds to save KDR? Or the dead guywho wants to give advice which is patently stupid, like when you are the last standing and capping, "Power down". Doh! Mainly anyone who needs to talk trash in chat.

9. enileph

enileph Star Lord

I see no problem with ERPPC spiders, it is in the system it is effective and we will use it. If you want to rp cause of big weapon size and what not, go play TT instead, cause WE DON'T CARE. You can have a beer with your friends while laughing at the mechs getting blown up while playing in TT, where you can think of things like rp and reasonable non-cheese builds and enjoy the more fluffy side of the battletech universe..

Pilots, OMG there are so many stories. I hate the guys getting themselves killed cause they are walking into my spamming line of fire with UAC5/AC5/AC2. You don't just stand in front of your teammate when they are firing.

I hate pilots that hides with a light when everyone one else is killed and there are like 8+ enemies walking around. People spend the whole 10 minutes looking for him, and he is just trying to save his KDR or some sheep rather than fight or try to cap. Just die and restart or something.

10. Solarn

Solarn New Member

Guilty as charged. It just feels so unfinished, leaving a hardpoint unmounted.

11. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Saw another cringeworthy build. Stalker F with 4 regular PPCs and nothing else. A light mechs dream.
    With the pure beastly builds you can put on the F it kind of amazed me.

12. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

A Spider with an ERPPC doesn't really bother me, since the Panther (35 tons) mounts a PPC+SRM4.

And yeah, an XL Atlas is pretty hilarious. Nothing better than seeing a side torso in the red, thinking to yourself, "well at least I can get rid of some of his firepower", then watch him going down after taking an ML to the shoulder.

dog_funtom likes this.
  13. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Sigh saw another of those builds today that made me want to cry...

Completely ignoring 2 energy slots and a missile slot for 4 ACs when you could easily fit 4 AC5s or 3 UACs and STILL keep at least the medium lasers. Ive proven that the UACx3 2xML build of Michaels is far superiority to a 4 AC2 build on 99% of most maps. I just don't understand why people would nerf themselves this way.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  14. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

Honestly, I'm flattered when someone can use one of my own builds better than I can.

There are only two things that still get to me. 'Mechs with too many missiles and too few tubes, and 'mechs with only one gun. The only other thing I take exception to is piloting.

15. Severity

Severity Junior Member

Spiders with AC2s. I always punish them in matches. Why do people build them :mellow:

16. The Verge

have you ever tried LBX10 spider? it is CQB bastard :D

17. Severity

Severity Junior Member

It would be so damn slow after adding ammo and even minimal jumpjets!

18. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Here is my daily cringe although thank GOD the person who posted it here did it as a joke.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  19. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

My inner troll had his hopes so high, but the build isn't even street legal.

20. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Needs 6 more HS

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast