ZEU-9S "Bleus" (6xERLL, BAP, XL360)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'ZEU-9S' started by B0ilz, Mar 20, 2015.

1. B0ilz

B0ilz Well-Known Member

Title typo intended.

Stand back and snipe ALL WHO PASS! With the ability to fire 3 ERLLas at a time nowadays, this thing could be REALLY scary. Even if you could only fire Two at a time, it would STILL wreck. Just stay back as much as you can though, because you're rather under armored for an Assault.

Also FULL SLOTTAGE! WHOOP!

Quirks:
    ERLLas Range 10% + Energy Range 10% = A whopping 1620 Maxrange for ERLLas

Energy Cooldown -12.5% = 2.84 Cooldown for ERLLas

Feel free to give feedback if you tested this out! :D

2. Irrelevant

Irrelevant New Member

Whats the reasoning behind the BAP? You could use that tonnage to increase your armor instead.

3. Renegademaster

Renegademaster Well-Known Member

5/5,
    This build needs max armour on the Torso otherwise you are wasting the Zeus's best feature, apart from that looks mean!

4. B0ilz

B0ilz Well-Known Member

Did you mean the side torsi or the center? Anyhow, as stated this thing is NOT a close range mech, so you'll have more armor left over than the brawlers will.

My analogy for diminishing armor from game start to game end:

This is counting as if Brawlers have 10% more armor than Long Range Support, so count Brawlers as 110% Armor:

Brawler: Nearing end of match: 40% armor left.
    Long Range Support: Nearing end of match: 50% armor left.

From experience the above has happened more often for me. Of course, you could edit the build to your own preference. :D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  5. B0ilz

B0ilz Well-Known Member

Armor is Irrelevant! (Had to make that joke) BAP is there because I need to get info on targets quicker, without modules. Just a personal preference, because I can handle a little less armor.

Also because the OCD side of my brain says YOU MUST GO FOR FULL SLOTTAGE!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Irrelevant likes this.
  6. B0ilz

B0ilz Well-Known Member

Another thing to note is that I play Assaults that aren't really that big (Zeus and Awesome for ex.) as Heavies instead of Assaults. Tend to like more glass cannon-ish builds.

7. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Just remember that, despite quirks and modules, ERLLas won't reach beyond 1500m no matter what until the bug with max draw distance gets fixed.

8. Irrelevant

Irrelevant New Member

OK cool yeah for me I need the armor so I dropped it and upped the armor. I've had fun with the build but also killed myself overheating a few times so I need to work on that and get it elited so its a little better on heat.

Also I hear at least one joke a night when dropping with my unit on TS so i'm used to it :)

9. B0ilz

B0ilz Well-Known Member

Whaaaaat? Oh well, it's sti a good range.

10. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

As tempting as this thing looks, I'd hate to be in a medium while a mech with those awesome armor quirks takes the second line and snipes... just doesn't make sense to me.

Not that the build and it's capabilities are bad, but it somehow leaves a bat taste and therefore I would probably only use it in CW.

B0ilz likes this.
  11. B0ilz

B0ilz Well-Known Member

Just a concept, ;) it's just there aren't many other mechs that can do this type of thing.

12. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

Pretty sure I saw a variation of this on the opposite side in a CW drop that was more like:

or maybe dropped one DHS for more armor, obviously unsure of exact armor distribution.

Definitely had only 5 ERLL and no AMS, but was very fast for a big guy, and almost singlehandedly turned a close match into a win for their team by melting anything that came through the gates by pretty much firing all the time. It's hard to rush when you already have open components on half your team BEFORE the missiles and close engages start raining in. Also took Zeus level punishment to finally take down.

B0ilz likes this.
  13. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

I started running this build with 4 ERLs and even more heatsinks. The Alpha is not as strong, but I typically shoot either 3 lasers, or chain fire all 4. Depending on the situation.

My weapon groups are:
    Group 1: 2 Arm mounted ERLs
    Group 2: all lasers on chain fire.

Just keep both buttons pushed down and keep shooting.

14. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast