AWS-8R Hammer (4x SRM6, 3x MLas, AMS, STD240)

Thread in 'AWS-8R' started by LaznAzn, Nov 13, 2012.

1. LaznAzn

LaznAzn Junior Member

I normally keep the builds I find too similar to posted ones to myself but seeing as no one wants to put Artemis IV on an SRM Awesome I'll just leave this here. :ph34r:

Hammer M1

Hammer M1a

M1-4D

Just your typical SRM Brawler. The Hammer M1 is built with stock engine and no upgrades for people who own an 8R but lack the funds to outfit it completely.

The M1-4D has a heat efficiency of 1.72 when just firing the SRM6s, the M. Lasers are simply to add a little oomph if you need to finish someone off or have an emergency.

The M1a is a cheaper alternative to the M1-4D for those who do not like using Artemis IV.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. rod1210

rod1210 New Member

Whats the cost? Also this style of this component list is hard on the eyes

3. Tuku

Tuku Well-Known Member

I have to say I built this exact build with one diffrence....4SRM 6 and 2 Large Lasers and it is a blast to pilot and puts plenty of damage on target !

4. schnaetz

schnaetz Benefactor

Here is how I run it:

With a little heat management this mech is quite a beast.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  5. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I really think this could work, but not as well as people have suggested for there mods. I can absolutely say that this mech is worth 3 out of 5 stars however.

6. Deadagain Perry

Deadagain Perry New Member

How much would I have to spend in real dollars to put in my game account to build that?

7. Flokoloko

Flokoloko Advanced Member

You can build this without real dollars^^ The new-player bonus CBills (first 25 matches) should be enough for an awesome and the posted loadout.

8. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

If you want to Brawl with SRMs, take another Mech. This Mech is not suited for this aggressive CQC Playstyle due to the Hitbox. I tried it in the past - didn't work in 80% of the attempts.

Also, if you run a slow STD240, then you are almost a free kill for ranged attackers. Definitely needs max speed for brawling. Personally i don't dislike the idea of packing quad srm launchers into this Mech. But i rather would use them as a strong defense backup system.

How about using a lot more Laserpower with more Range, plus a Full Shield-Arm to protect the very important RT? Also avoiding massive Heat Penalty:

(look at DPS values! ^_^)

btw.. this was the old build i tried.. that was before Heat Penalty was introduced.. was fun, but was a big gamble at 50/50

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015