AWS-8R Helmers Awesome (4x SRM6, 2x MLas, TAG, XL280)

Thread in 'AWS-8R' started by Helmer, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Helmer

Helmer New Member

Fairly standard build. A good close in brawler. Very limited past 250-300 Meters in regards to the concentrated damage it can deliver. I link the TAG to the same Button as my SRMs. For half a ton, I feel the mitigation of the damage spread might be worth it (Once TAG for SRMs work)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Jacob Ling

Jacob Ling Benefactor

This is a super interesting idea. I mean when people think Awesome they think 3x PPC and a Small Laser but SRMs? Really? I'm gonna give it a try!

3. LaznAzn

LaznAzn Junior Member

You should have seen the Hammer M2a back in its prime:
    [​IMG]

Couldn't soak damage well, but it could run almost as fast as a stock dragon and pack enough punch to kill a fastback in 1 shot, a Gat (gauss cat) in 2 shots and a brawler Atlas in 3-4. This one can do the same but it's quite a bit slower. :(

4. Helmer

Helmer New Member

Yeah before the XL Engine nerf I used to run a heavier engine. I loved the speed.

5. Darkblood

Darkblood Active Member

One doubt here: does the TAG do anything for your SRMs, or do you carry it around to help the LRM boats in your team?

6. LaznAzn

LaznAzn Junior Member

TAG doesn't do anything for SRMs.

7. Bobs Your Uncle

Bobs Your Uncle Active Member

You need Artemis on this!

8. Scrap Yard Dog

Scrap Yard Dog New Member

i find restocking the artemis boats a tad expensive. nice build though. i have run something pretty close to it, in the past. i macro my tag to a toggle (press on/press off). with chain firing added on i would think it would be a choke point dominator. good stuff.

9. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

really, it is too bad you don't have enough fire power in this build for my taste. and an XL engine. I can only rate 2-5 stars for your inclusion of Tag.