BJ-1X "The Scalpel" (1x LPlas, 6x MLas, XL280)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'BJ-1X' started by Axefan, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Axefan

Axefan Benefactor

As much as I wanted to mount 2 LPlas on this puppy, I just couldn't give up the 6 MLs, and running both was too hot and slow. The 41 pt alpha running at 110 kph is a great tool for finishing off mechs with weak torso's and legs. This is my go-to Blackjack.

Since I've been running Pooty/Foxhound's version since March, I decided to add their build. This build is a killer!

I got my first ace of spades using the 6xML version, but these shots are from Pooty/Foxhound's variant, which I feel is better overall:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. Spheroid

Spheroid Well-Known Member

pretty good. I am using a 265XL and an extra heatsink. I agree with you that many of the popular pulse builds are too hot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  3. POOTYTANGOSAUR

POOTYTANGOSAUR Well-Known Member

This is similar to a build shown to me by Foxhound;

to be brutally honest it is better. All arm mounted weapons, 4 alpha-strikes before heat becomes a problem, and as a symptom of the all arm mounted weapons you can hill peak with your lgplas. Here is a pretty good match in it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not saying your build is bad and won't work, but I am saying to try this build and you will most likely enjoy it more. I am enjoying a 3.0 K/D and 500 dmg per match in it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
  4. Axefan

Axefan Benefactor

Yep, I like it. The better DPS makes up for the lower alpha.

5. Crotch RockIt

Crotch RockIt Junior Member

5/5,
    Great use of the medium laser quirks! I would change only two things. Drop to an XL265 for an extra heat sink, and put the LPL in the arm instead of the torso.

6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Fully quirked stats of Pooty's version. I would recommend both lvl5 cooldown modules to get the closest cooldown time between both the ML and LPL.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Cpt Chattahah likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast