BLR-1D 'Blitz' (2x LLas, 3x MLas, 2x AC5, AMS, XL350)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'BLR-1D' started by Kriegerfaust, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Kriegerfaust

Kriegerfaust New Member

This is by far my most successful build on the Battlemaster. How successful? Over the course of 11 games, I've scored 27 kills and dealt an average of 645 damage per game. The speed is great, the side torso is rarely an issue, and if you're smart with your weapons, you'll never overheat. The best part is being able to deal good sustained damage at virtually any range. Oh, and you can transfer this exact build over to the BLR-1G.

Proof:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  2. HunkOMetal

HunkOMetal New Member

You had me at "can transfer this exact build over to the BLR-1G."

Always nice to have 1 build that can be run across 2 variants, when C-bills are in low supply and trying to open those elites up. Going to try this and rate accordingly, once I've gotten some matches under my belt.

3. greenbeard

greenbeard Active Member

I love the fact I can run two of these guys almost the exact same way. I took a different route, but what I'm using now looks kinda similar.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=119&l=f31a7fd0ccbd0fdc72c530ac2bbeafd47675f2cb

I like the BAP as I am a cover whore and rarely succumb to extended LRM baths.

4. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I like to run mine very similar with a few modifications. STD engine, ERLLas instead of LLas, and more DHS to accommodate the higher heat of the ERLLas. Have to drop 1 MLas, 1 ton of ammo, and BAP to run the heavier engine though.

It can weather a brawl better and is more effective at 600m or more with the ERLLas complimenting the AC5 range increments nicely.

I will echo that it is very nice to have a build that works for both the 1D and 1G, but I like to stick with the 1D for this build because of its better torso angles.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=119&l=0b230757a42d90691f980fa1a0565a712a379201

first drop. Felt pretty slow, and certainly didn't think I did this well... but the STD engine saved my life and kept me alive till the end of the game. Would have been a goner for sure with an XL

[​IMG]

5. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

And this is why I like a STD engine on this build. 23% and Lost several DHS, but no weapons. Probably would have lost an XL engine due to crit very quickly. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[​IMG]
    http://i.imgur.com/ABXEsSm.jpg[/img]

6. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Great Build! Can trade some stuff for moar Ammo!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  7. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

5/5,
    One of the best builds now even deadlier with the new Quirks!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast