BLR-1S "Edward Missilehands" (4x SRM6+A, 2x PPC, AMS, XL330)

Thread in 'BLR-1S' started by aseth, Oct 17, 2013.

1. aseth

aseth New Member

This thing originally started out with 4xSRM6 and 2xERPPC, but was running too hot, this is the version that I eventually ended up with. Despite the minimum range on the PPC's, I haven't been having too much trouble staying at just above 90m - people don't seem to like being up in the face of a Battlemaster, and if they do, all of the SRMs will hit.

The LRM5 is really just there to hassle people at long range, and make them duck for cover.

4xSRM6-A + 2xPPC variant:

This one gets a little bit of ghost heat if you fire all the SRMs at once.

Edit: Since the 4xSRM version is vastly superior, switching the title.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. aseth

aseth New Member

I've found that I prefer the second version (4xSRM6+A, 2xPPC), for the extra hitting power and for the simpler weapons loadout.

I've also been considering dropping Artemis for more heat sinks:

3. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

Two, minor quibbles for your non-art version. It might pay off to move the PPCs to the RT, in order to clump your weapons by range profile better. Sure, if you lose either side, you're dead, but this might make the choice of where to take the hit easier. The second--and this is painfully trivial--is that I'd swap the AMS ammo and head SRM ammo. You'll run through the first two tons of SRM ammo really quickly (9 salvos), but the AMS ammo (hopefully) will last you the whole match, and that's not something you want sitting in your CT.

4. aseth

aseth New Member

Good plan.

With those changes, it'd look like this:

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast