Changes to Solo Quick Play Matchmaking Restrictions

Discussion in 'General MWO Discussion' started by Ragnahawk, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Ragnahawk

Ragnahawk Well-Known Member

Squeeeeeeee~

OMG. OMGGGGGG.. I'm sorry I can't contain it. When I die, I'm going to flash back to this moment in my life. Tier 1, 2 gameplay?

For those of you who have missed the news (which I just found out about) - queues have been restricted to the tiers.

https://mwomercs.com/news/2017/09/1885-changes-to-solo-quick-play-matchmaking-restrictions

What that means is to us high tier players - we get more challenge gameplay and less frustration watching many mistakes in solo queue.

Also means lower tier players can casually enjoy the game and learn at their own skill level.

Bad news. You have to sit for a really long time to get in solo queue if your in a higher tier. The good news is the casuals will have more time to learn themselves and become better players. Meaning if it goes well we'll have tons of tier 1s and 2s. (hopefully assuming that 90% of the population believes that they can reach tier 1. Which they can, its just that they put that mental bar there)

2. The Verge

The Verge Administrator Staff Member

3. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

I predict no difference (except maybe slightly longer waiting times)

Shock likes this.
  4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 01001101 01001111 01000100 Staff Member

We'll see, I'm excited that they're trying to improve matchmaking, but the Tier system has flaws. People can get to T1 easily just by playing much, in a role that nets them the most match score. Not by being necessarily good. But the increased experience will hopefully mean they know more about positioning and teamplay.

5. Shock

Shock Benefactor

I haven't noticed any difference in match quality. Wait times may have increased a bit but not significantly.